IGNORED

need sounds on a stock venture 1200

hi,new to this site,so much information here its just like a library for bikes.i have a 1983 yamaha venture love the bike.one problem? no music.i would like to know how to go about getting some music since the bike never hade any from the start. what do i need to do as far as speakers.can they be installed in the grills.i dont think they have any speakers in the grills.i dont want to break the bank.i have a nice mp3 by phillips 30 gig.let me know what to do and how to go about it. thanks . breezelasbre

Im not sure about how to go about getting tunes on your bike. Some of the other folks will come along soon enough and give you a plethera of answer or suggestions.

I just wanted to say welcome to the site and way to go. Jumping on in the deep end so to speak and asking away.

Wish I could be of help but welcome aboard.

David

I have a Sony cd player in the left door of my fairing, and some after market speakers behind the grills. Sounds pretty good, but you can't really play a cd when you're moving...it skips. My cd player does have a plug-in, in the front, to add an MP3 player though.

I have a Sony cd player in the left door of my fairing, and some after market speakers behind the grills. Sounds pretty good, but you can't really play a cd when you're moving...it skips. My cd player does have a plug-in, in the front, to add an MP3 player though.

If you have a Standard the speakers are already in the dash even though there isn't a radio/intercom/tape installed. I'd suggest installing a good marine AM/FM/CD, with an MP3 jack, where the tape deck usually sits in a Royale. I've seen some really nice installs done. There is also a flip open cover available to keep things weather proof.

WEST MARINE

Here is picture of cheap radio I installed in place of stock one.

Was $20 at local junkyard.

Took some McGyvering to close up cover that had stock radio in it.

I have a separate cover for parking when it might rain.

Gary