IGNORED

clear paint

mraf

What brand of clear paint have you used to seal the shine after polishing the engine pieces. I have the heads ready to seal but figured I'd ask here to see what kind of luck the rest of you have had after painting them to keep their shine. I have done the side cases a while ago but never painted them. I have kept them shiny being that their easy to access. But the heads are harder to access so its paint time if any of you have had good luck doing it and it lasts.

Check with "Tartan Terror" who is running around here....Purty sure he did some clear-coating on his Fire Engine Venture. Look fer a guy with real skinny legs poking out frum under a Scotsman's Kilt.........:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez don't blame me cuz I didn't put a gun to his head and force him to dress like dat.:innocent:

I've repainted other motorcycle engine parts before with Dupli-color's engine enamel. They make their engine enamels in a variety of colors including clear. The clear also has a heat temp of around 500 degrees. I've used it on other motorcycles and have had good luck (repainted the parts back in 1995 and they're still looking great!). Everything that has the "aluminum" look was painted with it, then clear coated. The frame was also painted with it in gloss black and no clear coat was used for that. As you can see in the pic, they still looks good except where my father decided to use engine de-greaser on the painted engine.:think:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/warthogcrewchief/1985XJ700.jpg