IGNORED

Rubber meets the Road!!!

EasyRider

and picks up a screw, gets plugged runs fine. However I am preparing for an Iron Butt sooo It seems as though Venom's are the most popular. I don't plan on down sizing the front tire (which is the plugged tire) the rear is a dunlap original. Should they both be changed at the same time because of different tred patterns?

and picks up a screw, gets plugged runs fine. However I am preparing for an Iron Butt sooo It seems as though Venom's are the most popular. I don't plan on down sizing the front tire (which is the plugged tire) the rear is a dunlap original. Should they both be changed at the same time because of different tred patterns?

I don't have a scientific answer for you, but I don't see where different tread patterns would matter. The primary no-no is using a front or rear tire in a position it is not designed for, i.e., rear tire mounted on the front. IMHO, if the rear tire is in good condition with plenty of tread for the ride, I'd go for it.

Your handling will probably be affected somewhat by running tires that were not designed together, but this should be relatively minor. I'd order a matched set, then just mount the front and ride it. If it seems to be handling weird, then mount the rear too; otherwise, just keep it in your garage until you need it. No problem storing it as long as you think you'll need it within a year. Good luck,

Goose