Just replaced all 10 switches on my radio circuit board. All 10 were bad!! Radio works great now! Memory locations program, it's all good.

Got 'em from Mouser Electronics; http://www.mouser.com $.26 each

Mouser p/n 688-SKHHAM, manufacturer p/n SKHHAMA010 6.0x6.0x5.0mm

Fit like a glove, no mess, no fuss! Ordered on 21 Dec, showed up on the 23rd.

If you need radio switches, go here!!

Just replaced all 10 switches on my radio circuit board. All 10 were bad!! Radio works great now! Memory locations program, it's all good.

Got 'em from Mouser Electronics; http://www.mouser.com $.26 each

Mouser p/n 688-SKHHAM, manufacturer p/n SKHHAMA010 6.0x6.0x5.0mm

Fit like a glove, no mess, no fuss! Ordered on 21 Dec, showed up on the 23rd.

If you need radio switches, go here!!

Great link. About 7 or 8 years ago I got those from Radio Shack on line. The stores never carried them but you could get them on line for about that same price but they quit carrying them some time ago. I'm going to book mark this information now. Thanks.

Dick

So I see that changing these little buttons out was real easy for BILL seeing as how he is an electronics guru:dancefool:....but anyway do you have any suggestions on soldering, and or steps on the process? I do need to change all my buttons out....:crying:

Thanks in advance.

:fireman:Mike

Small solder iron. About 5-10 watts. De-soldering wick and fine solder. Take your time and go light on the solder. Those switch legs don't take a lot. I think I will order 20-30 of the switches and put them in stock. When my shop gets up and running, I can fix a spare radio I aquired.

Thanks for the link to mouser.

JB

Just another suggestion; replace only one switch at a time. Unsolder the 4 leads on the old switch, take note on how the switch is orientated on the board, then install the new one and solder it in. It's easy to put them in wrong. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it wrong, take a second to give it a look, and do it right the first time. Even for the "rookies", you'll be surprised how easy it really is!

Looks like a really good price - except for 20 Euro shipping...

maybe I'll need to see if Maplins do them. At least I know that they're available.

Greg, those things are both tiny and weigh next to nothing. See if anyone on this forum is going to order these and they can order a supply for you also. They could be sent to you in a padded envelope very cheaply I am sure.

Dick