IGNORED

Slipstreamer windscreens

Got my new Rider magazine the other day and in the product spotlight section, Slipstreamer now has 5 windscreens for the RSV. 3 are shorties in dark smoke 6, 8, and 10 inch. They have 2 clear in 13 and 17 inch heights. It says the prices range from $93 to $113. Went to their web site but they are not on the list yet.

I know a bunch of people like the shorties and the dark smoke looks cool.

Edited by 01 Rider

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone had any more info on these slipstreamer windshields? I have email Slipstreamer several times with no response and I cant find any info on their website (or on the web in general) about these new products.

Anyone else been more successful in getting info?

Appreciate the help

• 3 months later...

I have two 13" SlipStreamer windshields. I have been working with Bob at SlipSteamer windshields about a problem with their 13" windshield. Evidently they have some kind of communication issue with their email. For some reason they don't get some of their emails. This caused some frustration on my part while I was trying to communicate with them.

At first I didn't think this company cared about their customers but I have completely changed my opinion. After establishing two way communication with them we have solved two problems with the 13" windshield.

1) first issue was packaging. The windshield came with two layers of plastic around the windshield and placed in a cardboard box. During shipping whr box rubbed a hole through both pieces of plastic and made a very faint mark on the windshield. I recommended that they take a thin piece of foam and wrap it around the windshield which they did and the second windshield arrived flawless.

2) the 13" windshields holes and slots did not line up well. After establishing two way communication I explained exactly how the holes were misaligned. Bob went out to the warehouse and measured several 13" windshields and confirmed that the two center wholes were off. Bob had the position of the two center holes moved to the correct location and the windshield holes line up perfect now.

The two center holes in the SlipStreamer 13" windshield are drilled holes no slots. The other 4 holes are slots. I personally like having two drilled holes instead of one drilled hole and 5 slotted cut outs just from a safety aspect. The 13" windshield is about 5mm thick which is the standard for that size windshield I believe. After a shaky start with SlipSteamer I have come to the opinion that SlipStreamer does listen to their customers. They made two changes in the 13" windshield that I mentioned to them and I believe it is a better product now.

You can buy them off ebay for around $76 for the 13" windshield and $7+change for shipping which is a bargain if you ever bought a windshield from anywhere else. If you email them and don't get an answer resend it everyday until you do. I don't know if they have got their email problem straighten out or not. Bob does not know where the emails are going. He did an email search on my email address and says the ones that I said I sent them they have no record of them. If you do get through mention to him that you have sent emails before. I think he may still need to trace down the email problem.

This experience is only with the 13" windshield. If you have a different size you may not have any problem at all or you may have a different problem. Before we got our communication problem fixed I would not have recommended them to anyone. Since we have been communicating I believe they truly listen to their customer and want to make a quality product.

Harry