IGNORED

Saddlebag Liners

Gamecock

Does anyone have any experience with these Saddlebag Liners? They looks pretty nice and the price is great. I wanted to get some opinions before I spent my birthday money on them. They offer free embroidery also, but you can't return them after having them personalized. Thanks for the input in advance!

http://www.tlcproducts.com/servlet/Detail?no=24

http://www.tlcproducts.com/catalog/ed_1_sbl_24_1.JPG

http://www.tlcproducts.com/catalog/rst.jpg

Ben

Ben,

I don't have those particular bags but I did buy a set for my retirement ride last August. I was glad I had them and they worked well. I could pack quite a bit in them and it made it nice just grabbing the handles and carrying my gear into the hotels. I still use at least one every time I do even an overnighter on the bike.

Wayne,

This weather is killing me! What brand did you get? Do you have a link or website you got them from? I would like to have them also, I didn't think $39.95 was a bad price. I got birthday cash to burn, and I would rather get something like that than just spend it on nothing. They look pretty well made.

Ben

When I bought my bike in 05 I ordered the yamaha saddlebag liners and the trunk liner. I have only used the saddlebag liners once but use the trunk liner everytime we take a trip. It's amazing how much you can get in the trunk liner. For me, I just don't like the saddlebag liners. It seems I can get more in the saddlebags without the liners.

I got a great deal on the Yamaha star brand saddle bag liners, and they are pretty well made. They have been well worth it. I've taken a few long trips on the bike, and one of them was a ~15 dayish adventure, on the bike every day. They were very nice as I was able to just open up the saddlebags, pull 'em out and go wherever I stopped. I looked around qutie a bit before I found the deal on the star ones and I'm pretty sure that the ~$40 you are looking at now is about the best you can do. Next is to find th place with the cheapest shipping - ebay has a number of ones with free shipping in the same price range etc.

You may be interested in contacting this member: http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2410/cat/7

:thumbsup2:

I've got the OEM bag liners for the RSV and use them whenever I'm on a road trip. They work very well for me. It does seem at times though that I could get more into the saddlebags without the liners, but it's a trade off for the convenience of grabbing the bag and going into a motel. Thetrunk bag works exceptionally well.

I've got the OEM bag liners for the RSV and use them whenever I'm on a road trip. They work very well for me. It does seem at times though that I could get more into the saddlebags without the liners, but it's a trade off for the convenience of grabbing the bag and going into a motel. Thetrunk bag works exceptionally well.

When I did my 30-day trip in August I became very good at packing my bags. I could roll up my XXL shirts and stuff pretty darn small and was amazed at what fit in the bags. I may have been able to put a few more things in the saddlebags but the convenience of picking up the packed bags was nice.

The more I read, the more I am wanting the Beer30 brand. And to think, my grandma just called and asked what I want for Christmas! Guess what I told her?

Plus, I like supporting the guys on this site. They haven't done me wrong yet, so I'll stick with it. Beer30, if you read this, get me a set ready, I'll be calling the begining of next week!

Ben

Edited by Gamecock

I had mine embroidered "Left Side" and "Right Side" so I don't have to look inside before replacing them in my saddlebags. Great to take them out when staying overnight in a strange place. I still put stuff on top so they don't seem to take up too much room and all comes out between the straps when removing. :detective:

Can't go wrong with Beer30's stuff. I got a set in ACU fabric, but I hear if you ask him REAL nice, he will do them for you in pink.

Pink? You can't go wrong! Wonder if he will sew some Christmas lights in it for me? :)

I am guessing he is still selling them right? I PMed him about a set. I will either call tomorrow or Monday to oder my set. Can't wait to get them

Ben

How long ago did you order them? Are we talking 6 month wait?

Ben

Beer30 and I exchanged a few e-mails and had a phone conversation or two back in May of 09. He posted a month or two ago saying that his business had been swamped and had not forgotten about us, but he was just too busy to work on all of the liner orders that had been placed. (His main business is making nylon duty gear and equipment type stuff for our troops).

To answer your question, I have not received the liners from Beer30 yet. I prefaced this the way I did to be fair to Beer30 though, as he clearly works very hard and I have heard nothing but positive support for his product being extremely high quality in terms of durability and the fit within the saddlebags and trunk itself.