IGNORED

Ideas anybody what them

SLOW HAND

Sure would be nice if someone could build a wedge to fit between the top and bottom of the truck to give an extra 1 1/2 to 2" of clearence. Make it semi-permanent ,put a light or reflecter on it . Of course you would have to extend the truck latch. Whatcha think? I got a big helmet for my big head and I like to keep it locked up.It fits but not so good. Why can't the antennas be incorporated into some metal acessories that look good like bag gaurds or a truck rack? When I stay awake to long things sometimes make sense until I sleep on them. Feel free to shot em down . Idea men don't spell so good either , but I see we got alot of those here so I feel right at home and let em fly. We don't need no stinkin spellcheck.

I figured it out......:smile5:

If you were to make a ring out of polished stainless or what ever, about 2in. tall or how ever tall you needed it. you could mount that to the bottom lip of the trunk, remount the lid to the new strip and there ya go, you would have a chrome looking strip all around your trunk and you would gain the hight that you need... may have to work on the lid connections abit, to stiffin it up, but think it could be done.

K

Glad someone cleared that up. As for the antenna, there ain't no reason that won't work.

One of the boats I had came from the factory with the antenna lead connected to the windshield frame and it worked okay, not great but okay.

BOO

Thanks for the comments.:puzzled: It makes sense when I read it , but I know what I meant. I may try with some stainless steel , but I would like it to blend in with the trunk. Maybe if I make it work with steel someone can help if I move on to fiberglass . Maybe just mild steel and a rattlecan paintjob for the first attempt.

I think your on track with the trunk mod. As a metal artist I know this can be accomplished. As far as the antenna concerns, I removed mine and still have operational CB and radio. I re-routed the antenna cables thru the lower drain plug in the trunk. I cut a piece of #10 copper wire about 2ft long attached it to the radio cable and hot glued to the bottom of the trunk then replaced the foam pad. It works just fine. As for the CB, you "MUST" use a loading coil same as the stock antenna. You can simply copy the length dimensions from the stock one do the same thing with #10 copper wire and mount it under the trunk lid. Your reception will be effected some but for group riding it will serve you well.

Renne

a wedge to go into the trunk hinge would be an interestyng item. you myght go to your local mahchine shhop to see what they ccould make. Yes yt might be expensive.. but being able to yntergrate the locks into it would be cool. i llike the wahy Bmw sels diffrent size trunks for ther bikes.. it wwould bbe mice if Yamaha would do the same, but the cost would be Mucch higher. i like the looks of the duahl stainless steel antennas on these bikes, so I would Nout change it.

in an attempt to make slowhand happy, I ran the above text through an online mispeller.................. it did NOT do a good job....

Edited by KiteSquid