IGNORED

Dyna 3000 ignition and warranty?

Hi:

Has anyone ever asked (or told) their dealer about installing the dyna 3000 and whether or not there were any warranty issues with this? Normally,.. I may just go ahead and install something like this but I have had some warranty issues recently and received some comments from Yamaha that led me to believe something like this may void the warranty.

Hi:

Has anyone ever asked (or told) their dealer about installing the dyna 3000 and whether or not there were any warranty issues with this? Normally,.. I may just go ahead and install something like this but I have had some warranty issues recently and received some comments from Yamaha that led me to believe something like this may void the warranty.

Something like what? :whistling: (What cometh out can goeth back in.)

Ha ha... Yeah, I am going to go ahead and get the dyna. It sounds like it makes a noticeable difference. Since I have the seat off and battery out for the winter anyway.... now is the time to do it. (Well.... it is -34 C :snow2: :fiddle: out there.... so I don't mean RIGHT NOW!!)

Ha ha... Yeah, I am going to go ahead and get the dyna. It sounds like it makes a noticeable difference. Since I have the seat off and battery out for the winter anyway.... now is the time to do it. (Well.... it is -34 C :snow2: :fiddle: out there.... so I don't mean RIGHT NOW!!)

There was a VERY noticeable difference when I put it in my VStar... but not in my RSV.. it's a cheaper alternative if you blow your OEM module.. hence why I changed mine out after all the problems I had this past summer. You can change your curves and RPM limits, but I kept mine at sane levels.. Can't remember what curve I left it at though.. Hmm

There's not much of a performance difference without other mechanical changes. I have one so I can turn up the redline. Before I got an RSV I was on an '85 Venture. I kept running into the rev limiter on the new bike. Now that I've turned it up to 7500 I don't do that so much.

There's not much of a performance difference without other mechanical changes. I have one so I can turn up the redline. Before I got an RSV I was on an '85 Venture. I kept running into the rev limiter on the new bike. Now that I've turned it up to 7500 I don't do that so much.

You'll want to watch out about going too high on the rev limiter, anything over 7200 rpm without proper valve springs could lead to problems, so I have been told by several mechanics.. something to do with valve float.. I have my VStar rocked up for such work.. but the RSV.. ooooh.. I'd hate to bring the revs over 7G

Just a cautionary note..

Thanks for pointing that out. I was already aware, but I'd hate for someone new to read it and overdo it right off.

I took mine up in steps. First 7250, which I bumped into a few times, then on to 7500. So far I don't recall actually bumping into 7500. Oldtimers is kicking in I suppose.