IGNORED

Screaming Eagle vs Road King Pipes???

Lone Eagle

I am considering swapping out my Baron 4-2-4 pipes (which I hate to do because I love the look but they are getting loud) for a set of Harley pipes on my 2005 RSTD. A friend last night gave me his stock 2010 Screaming Eagle pipes. I haven't yet taken them out of the box.

Looking at couple of threads here, I guess the diameter is different - 2" vs. 1 3/4" - are there adaptors and does that hurt anything? I might assume (especially in CA.) they have the catalytic converter - any problem? Since they are for the 110 motor - would I be better off looking for Road King pipes???? I might assume that a stock Harley pipe is going to have a "little more rumble" than the stock RSTD pipe, but certainly be quieter than what these 4-2-4 pipes have gotten to be (I like the sound - but many say whoa - they are loud).

I'm not mechanically inclined, so thought I would ask couple of questions before messing with my buddies gift. After a lot of thought, I figured this may be the best way for me to go, as I don't have the dollars to get the Bubs - Kromewerks - or whoever else makes pipes for these bikes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :confused24:

My personal experience with screaming eagle pipes are mixed... I had 2005 s.e. pipes off a roadking on for about a year..#1.. actually real quiet #2 seemed to hold the motor back "more restrictive ??" #3 real heavy. earlier this year put on stock 2009 ultraclassic mufflers... # real nice sound.. #2 light weight #3 i think they look better. one of them is a cat. pipe, don't know if it hampers performance.. the carbs synch up well.. anywho my 2 cents.....:2cents: