IGNORED

Clutch rod stuck?

rod

I just put new clutch parts in my MM RSV. Got it all back together and the leaver is hard, no movement. I pulled the clutch back out to check the assembly and every things OK. I looked at the ball and short rod and they look fine try the leaver no movement. I loosened the bleeder and pulled the leaver got fluid, no air and the leaver moved to bleed but still no better with bleeder closed. I think the long rod is stuck. Any suggestions on how to get the rod out to check it? Do I have to pull the cylinder from the other side or is the a trick to getting it out? Thanks Rod

Rod Try and push the rod back in by hand. (you will be on the right side of the bike while pushing) It will be tough but push it, it should slowly move in.

If it does then make sure the splines in the plates are lined up, while re-installing. (expecially the lst one)

Brad

Thanks Brad I finally got it. Some one must have squezed the leaver while the clutch was out I guess. I had to bleed it while pushing the rod to get it to move at all but once it moved a fraction it returned to normal with the bleeder closed. I wish I knew what happend for sure but it is good now. Rod