IGNORED

The Deal Is Dead.

ken

Yesterday after several emails and phone calls I struck a verbal deal with a dealer in Coldwater MI for an 07 RSV blue/raven for $13,679 plus a doc fee of $160 and tax or course. Now this was contingent to financing which was no problem. I have a fraud alert system on my credit so that no can look at it without my permission. After getting approved I called the dealer several hours later to see where things were at. The salesman had NO idea and said he was waiting on a fax from the fraud system that on my credit. So that was yesterday. Now move foward to today. At about 10:00 I called the salesman to again to see where things were. Guess what, he again had no idea and said he was still waiting for a fax. Well I had to go watch my daughter soccer game which was over at 15:00. I called him back just to hear him say he was waiting for the fax. At this point as you can guess I'm getting a little steamed. I asked him what kind of fax are you waiting for and what can I do to help. He say's I'm waiting for a fax to see if I was approved. I explained to him I was approved yesterday and that he shound have know this. He tells me he would get with the F&I guy and call be right back, which he did to tell me I was approved (no kidding). He then wants my credit card number to hold the bike. Before I would give him the number I of course wanted to know what the terms were that the F&I guy had come up with, well he had no idea. I had to leave to go to work and told him I would call back when I got to work to see what the terms were. I called him back at 17:45 to hear him say he did not know the terms but I could speak with the F&I guy to get them. So the F&I guy got on the phone to tell me he was able to get me a $212mo payment. Well ok that about what I was looking for. Now for the terms. 96 month at 9.99% ya right like I'm going to do this. I'm like "you got to be kidding me". I explained to him according to my math and my credit score of almost 800 I should be able to do 72 mo at 7.99 with a payment of just under $200 with my down payment several grand. So he re does the math at 72 7.99% and comes up with around $250 mo. I then ask him how much $$ he was trying to finance, thinking he foget about my down payment. $15,461 was his number. Why so much you ask when the sale price was $13,679. Heres why $425 frt fee, and $372 set up and a few other charges. And thats not the clincher the bike a several 1000 mile on it the the salesman forgot to tell me about. Needless to say I killed the deal on the spot. I thinks I'll go test ride a goldwing next week.

Ken,

I'm from West Unity. Friday I was up at Jackson Mich. and there was a dealer there that had a Midnight Venture and a Black and Blue Venture. Both were '07. I don't know the prices though. Also, have you been to Honda East in Maumee? I got a real good deal there a year ago August on my '06 Tour Deluxe. With this weather, riding to bike shops is a good way to kill time!! Happy hunting!

Mark

Do you not like McCarthy's there in Defiance? I was there last summer and they seemed nice enough. Much easier to deal with someone in person.

I talked with McCarthy's (In fact the owner is lives in my neighborhood) they had a midnight on the floor 15,900

Ken,

I'm from West Unity. Friday I was up at Jackson Mich. and there was a dealer there that had a Midnight Venture and a Black and Blue Venture. Both were '07. I don't know the prices though. Also, have you been to Honda East in Maumee? I got a real good deal there a year ago August on my '06 Tour Deluxe. With this weather, riding to bike shops is a good way to kill time!! Happy hunting!

Mark

I was in Honda East two weeks ago the had one of each. Went back last week both were gone. They have three more coming in two Midnights and one 08. No blue/raven the color I'm looking for. Do you know what the dealers name is in Jackson?

but it's a beautiful day to be outside! The dealer is called Holiday Sports. As you go up 127 almost to Jackson, get off on Page Road and head east maybe a couple miles. It is on the right side. It is actually in the city of Michigan Center. Wish you luck in the hunt for your Venture.

Mark

Guest kozman01

Have you given Lancaster Sport Cycles a try in Lancaster, OH? After my trade and no haggling whatsoever, my 07' Midnight came in at 14,700 and this was back in April. Let me know if you want some contact info. for them.