IGNORED

BG44K in the Texas Panhandle

flb_78

Guest tx2sturgis

I never even noticed those dates...they look like a manufacture date to me...since it has the time...otherwise how could they determine that a petroleum product expires at 7:15 in the morning on a certain date?

Oh well...maybe like wine, it only gets better with age...

• 2 months later...

Well, I just ran about 1/3 of a can through the system (mixed in with a full tank, of course) of my 78 GS750 followed by a full tank of gas (thanks to the fantastic weather we had yesterday) and all I can say is WOW. About 10 years ago I tore down those carbs and cleaned them properly and rode the bike for a couple years. Then it got parked for a season and then I have been back on it off and on since.

I cannot believe how smooth it is now. After pouring it in about a week ago, I rode the bike for about 10-15 minutes, all ranges of revs just to make sure I got some worked into all of the passages in the carbs then I let it sit for the week. I started it up today and it popped and revved some on its own while choked... About 5 minutes of popping and whatnot then it revved up real high, so I killed the choke, hopped on and took of and I don't think that this bike has been this smooth since I cleaned the carbs 10 years ago. :D:D:D

Thank you Forrest for sharing your order! :thumbsup2:

Thank you Brian for taking time out of your route to deliver it to me in Lubbock! :thumbsup2:

I ran the rest of it through my RSV and have not noticed a significant difference other than it seems to start a little harder now (I think I may have a bad plug -- but it could just be the cold weather too). But I am confident that if there was anything in there the BG probably did its magic on the little amount of crud that was in there and I won't hesitate to put another can in to ensure a clean system in a few months.

Anyhoot, thanks again!! :smile5: