IGNORED

Need help to tighten passing lamp

Ok what is the trick here? The passing lamp and turn signal on the right side has worked loose and I can't seem to figure out how to tighten it. It seems like I need to screw the passing lamp into the turn signal shaft, but it hits the fairing. Do I have to remove the whole assembly? And if that's the case, then how did it work itself loose? Very strange unless I'm missing something really obvious. :doh:

Ok what is the trick here? The passing lamp and turn signal on the right side has worked loose and I can't seem to figure out how to tighten it. It seems like I need to screw the passing lamp into the turn signal shaft, but it hits the fairing. Do I have to remove the whole assembly? And if that's the case, then how did it work itself loose? Very strange unless I'm missing something really obvious. :doh:

pretty sure if you remove the lamp you will have a nut you can tighten. the passing lamp bulb i mean.

Remove the ring that holds the bulb in, disconnect the bulb or gently let it hang by it's wires, which ever you are more comfortable with, and inside there is a hollow bolt that goes through the housing, a washer, the mounting bar, another washer, and into the turn signal stalk nut. You will need to hold the nut in the stalk (not the turn signal) while tightening the bolt. If you hold the signal the nut may spin inside the signal and cut the wires.

I just installed mine a week or so ago.

here is a diagram

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzesx5ly/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/passinglampmountinginstructions.pdf

Remove the ring that holds the bulb in, disconnect the bulb or gently let it hang by it's wires, which ever you are more comfortable with, and inside there is a hollow bolt that goes through the housing, a washer, the mounting bar, another washer, and into the turn signal stalk nut. You will need to hold the nut in the stalk (not the turn signal) while tightening the bolt. If you hold the signal the nut may spin inside the signal and cut the wires.

I just installed mine a week or so ago.

here is a diagram

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzesx5ly/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/passinglampmountinginstructions.pdf

Thanks Hig! This group is so awesome! Just post a question and in a little while you have everything you need.