IGNORED

I'm Looking for a Marine or two...

rosebud

I need help in getting a copy or two of the November 2009 Marine Leatherneck magazine. It's not something that I can just walk into the local Barnes & Noble and purchase.

There is an article in the magazine called Vietnam: Last Full Measure of Devotion by Dick Camp. This is important to me since this is the first published account and public statment that my brother survived the initial crash and was not KIA as all the officical military records show - other than his medical records. If you read the article my brother was the one found alive in the Huey, although he did die later waiting for medical treatment.

Any suggestions and help in getting a copy of the magazine would be wonderful.

This is the link to the article if anyone would like to read it.

http://www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/nov09-last_full_measure_of_devotion.asp

Rosebud,

This is from the Marine Corps Assc. web site pertaining to ordering back issues.

I am not a member, or I would gladly help.

https://www.mca-marines.org

Are back issues available? How do I order them?

Yes, back issues are available. If you are a new member or renewing, you may request your term to start with a prior month if issues are available. If you are looking for a Leatherneck or Marine Corps Gazette from up to 10 years ago, you may purchase them for $5.95 each by calling 1-888-237-7683. Covers only are also available for $2.00 each. We have most issues from the past 10 years.

Rosebud,

I stopped by the local recruiting station this morning and talked to the Marine recruiter. He said that he would try to get a copy of this for you. He said that they do get copies of this magazine.

Also stopped at Amvets post and talked to post commander. He seemed confident he could locate a copy. He was going to put a call out to the other local posts such as VFW and try to get one.

I will let you know if either of these people come through.

Gary

:fingers-crossed-emo

Gary,

Thank you so much for helping me locate this magazine. We found out about 8 years ago that the marine records did not match what we were told and have been working to find out the actual facts around my brother's death and to get the record corrected. This is the first time in print that is was acknowledged that one of the crew of the Huey was found alive, and that's a huge thing for my family.

Diane

:bighug: