IGNORED

ipod with gloves - touch vs nano or classic?

bamico

Was wondering if anyone has had experience on this issue?

Seems like the touch screen wont work too well with riding gloves on.

Was also wondering if the wheel controls on the nano and/or classic are big enough to use with gloves on?

I searched the threads and it looks like the ipods are working for people, but wasn't sure on the controls.

Would appreciate any help/thoughts.

Thanks.

Bob

Yea, they just don't work very well with gloves. I don't have an answer for you. When I used my IPOD, I just put it on random play or one of my play lists and let it go. I now use my Zumo 550 for MP3 and it works a bit better with gloves. Even still, once I turn it on..I pretty much just let it go.

Personally I prefer most any MP3 player that is NOT made by apple.

For more info on MP3 players check out THIS website.

Currently I run a Garmin GPS with a built in MP3 player and run it on random play.

It works OK with gloves on.

The Garmin GPS units for Motorcycles probably work better with gloves on, but they were three times the price.

Edited by Eck
copied and pasted KiteSquids info here so I can delete a duplicate post

I use a remote... it velcor hooks where ever you want and the buttons are friendly...

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/pnmtraders/EB2007S004_026A.jpg

Try ebay and search for airclick... these are discontinued from the manufacturer and you'll need to buy a new battery (about $3 @ WalMart) but it works like a champ.

This is what I just replaced my IPOD with and for the price it is a "keeper"

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Fuze-Video-Player/dp/B0015L451I]Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red): Electronics[/ame]

Steve

I have 3000 songs and just leave it on shuffle. Wal Mart sells a Classic remote for 30 dollars in the Auto Accessior department. I valco the remote somewhere handy.Cb
Our WalMart does not carry an iPod remote. What brand did you get and how well does it work?

I have an older Airclick. I like the one pictured my Mbrood better. It has bigger remote bottons. I would check ebay for airclick. Note... older remotes do not work with newer Ipods models (Video models). Some fit at the top and newer Ipods at the bottom. Make sure which type you are looking for. I think most sites that carry any remotes will show you what remotes work for your model Ipod.

Cb

I have a 5th generation video iPod (30 GB). Only have about 2600 songs (and a few movies I don't really watch) and still have 1/3 capacity remaining. I listen to it every day on my commute. Rain or shine, cold or hot. Have many different types of gloves depending on the conditions. Most of my gloves will work the control wheel and buttons, but it's mostly a function of heat. If the hands and gloves are warm enough, the controls respond. If the heat from my hands can't transmit through the gloves (like when it's raining), then not so much.

Good luck with your choice.

I chose the shuffle for these reasons.

1) large play button - can be operated with a glove

2) No display menu or other fancy stuff to get it to play - minimal distraction

3) Battery lasts as long on pause as off - press pause and walk away

4) Reasonably priced - I'm a cheapskate

5) Size - I made it fit under the cassette door

It seems to work reasonably well for what I want it to do.