IGNORED

Handlebars for RSTD

kingtut

Tech note: Just replaced the stock handlebars on my 06 RSTD with a Flanders bar that has a 2.5" longer pullback. I went through desert and swamp to find the right bar. Earlier on this forum I was advised that the Flanders G2 Road Glide was the ticket. Wrong ticket! The advisor must have assumed I ride a Venture, which the G2 fits. The narrow center dimension on the G2 is only 6", which is NOT wide enough for the RSTD speedo to fit.

I first ordered the G2 and they sent one that fits a sorry HD. I returned it and they sent the G2 that fits a Venture, which I don't own. The proper bar for the Tour Deluxe is the H-Bar Wide Max Pullback, part # 650-08783, which I purchased at Phat Performance for $127. I returned the second G2 and got the H-Bar in return. While not inordinately difficult, the installation is a bit fussy and takes an hour and a half or so. I did NOT have to buy longer cables, but did have to re-route existing cables . . . which included pulling the tank for proper placement. I also added Kuryakyn ISO Grips, which add a sharp look and dampen vibrations.

The difference is very noticeable. I can now sit against the backrest and not have my arms fully extended and shoulder joints pulled forward. Haven't taken any long trips yet, but driving around town feels much better.

To reinforce for Tour Deluxe riders who want a longer pullback: it's Flanders H-Bar Wide Max Pullback, part # 650-08783.

• 7 months later...

Hello: I was also experiencing burning between my shoulder blades after about 50 miles. I too had a difficult time getting the correct bars for my 2005 RSTD. Just got back from a 300 mile run today. No more neck pain as in the past. I came up with a great way to salvage the existing bar weights. Thanks for your input, it helped me decide what to do to my bike. Thanks again....

• 1 month later...