IGNORED

Tank bag..??/

stvmaier

Just a note on the Super Mini. I had one and liked the size and quality a lot. However, the map pocket was its weak point. The map pocket is larger at the top than the bottom, but the opening to insert the map is at the bottom. So, you have to fold your map smaller, to the size of the map pocket, and then scrunch the whole thing to get it through the small opening and into the pocket. Rather than destroying maps, I ended up scanning map areas into PDFs and printing them on separate sheets of paper to stuff into the map pocket to make it usable. I finally ended up just buying a GPS when I bought my RSV, and sold the Super Mini.

Just a note on the Super Mini. I had one and liked the size and quality a lot. However, the map pocket was its weak point. The map pocket is larger at the top than the bottom, but the opening to insert the map is at the bottom. So, you have to fold your map smaller, to the size of the map pocket, and then scrunch the whole thing to get it through the small opening and into the pocket. Rather than destroying maps, I ended up scanning map areas into PDFs and printing them on separate sheets of paper to stuff into the map pocket to make it usable. I finally ended up just buying a GPS when I bought my RSV, and sold the Super Mini.

That makes me kinda partial to this one. Now if I just had some :mo money:.

Just a caution on the tank bag. I have one and I use it a lot on longer trips so the wife can get more stuff on the bike:680:

I don't remember the brand, but the caution is the size. I got one that would hold our rain gear and a few other things that I want quick and easy access to. The down side, is doing tight turns as the handlebars hit it and reduce the turn radius. (Parking lots, u-turns, backing out of parking spots, etc)

I also love the map case. I'm not ready for the GPS yet as I like taking the wrong roads. Happened to me today and ended up on a really nice biking road.

I'm not ready for the GPS yet as I like taking the wrong roads.

Off the topic of this thread, but that is actually the reason for the GPS. Previously, I wasn't comfortable taking roads I wasn't familiar with, because I didn't want to get completely lost. Now we can take any roads we please, and just tell the GPS to route us home (or to any of our favorite places in the area) when we're tired.

:)