IGNORED

exhaust to loud???

Is there any such thing as to loud??? Just removed some of the baffles out of my stock 1st Gens mufflers. Of course we had to start it up, and rev it up while mufflers removed. WOW that sound nice!!! Maybe to loud. So we put the partially de-baffled mufflers on. Sounds ok at idle, and at cruising speed. However sounds to raspy while going through the gears, hitting the obligatory 6-7,000 rpms. I would like a deeper rumbling sound.

One of our newer members, CTraylor, made a set of straight pipes off of the crossover, said it sounded great but the wife said it was too loud. He added some baffles from a set of Harley pipes. I rode behind him at the Int'l rally and that thing sounds like a small block Chevy now! Might be something to look into.

Dan

when we put the nipples and the down turns back on , it should help the raspery sound . i think it is the open cans that make that sound , next time i'll tack them on .

you all should have see the look on his face when he started it up with no muffs on !:crackup::crackup::crackup::sign woo hoo:

One of our newer members, CTraylor, made a set of straight pipes off of the crossover, said it sounded great but the wife said it was too loud. He added some baffles from a set of Harley pipes. I rode behind him at the Int'l rally and that thing sounds like a small block Chevy now! Might be something to look into.

Dan

Dano, do you know what size pipe he used ? i have ordered some U bends to make a replacement for the ext. boxes and it would be nice just to make a straight pipe to go with them .

sounds like a small block Chevy now!

Dan

That's the sound I want. I sat on and fired up a Boss hoss a few weeks ago. WOW WOW WOW!!! If I had $40,000 I could spare, and $$$ were no problem. Ooooh yeeeees I would own a Boss Hoss. Wife already said I could, just that $$$ thing stopping me.

Put me firmly in the quieter is better camp. I love a "good" sounding exhaust, but that doesn't mean loud. Some bikes are so loud in some groups I ride with that we put them at the back so everyone still can hear when the ride is over.

I feel really loud pipes cause more accidents than they help, and cause problems for bikers everywhere as everyone else just considers loud pipes inconsiderate and worse.

It is entirely possible to have any engine sound good, without it being so loud as to annoy everyone or be a danger to the rider and those around the rider.

When even the top management of Harley Davidson appeals for some sanity with loud pipes, you know it is causing problems.

IMHO! :stickpoke: