IGNORED

Progressive Insurance Adjusters

Midrsv

This probably is too late for you to meet with the adjuster, but last year, June, I totaled my 04 Midnight after a very, very close encounter with a deer.

Progressive paid me $13,900 for the bike. Not a lot of extras, but a few. Very very clean. New (less than 100 miles) rear tire. Less than 10000 on the ticker.

Hope this helps and I hope you can do better than I did.

Erns

This probably is too late for you to meet with the adjuster, but last year, June, I totaled my 04 Midnight after a very, very close encounter with a deer.

Progressive paid me $13,900 for the bike. Not a lot of extras, but a few. Very very clean. New (less than 100 miles) rear tire. Less than 10000 on the ticker.

Hope this helps and I hope you can do better than I did.

Erns

Thanks, that's encouraging. I meet with the adjuster in about 10 minutes.

DT

Hope you had as good an experience (as good as can be anyway) :sick::sick: as I've had with Progressive. I've had two opportunities to let them repair my Goldwings and both times they treated my very fair. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Here in West Texas they have a dedicated motorcycle adjuster so he's pretty "on the ball".. :smile5::smile5::smile5:

I met with the adjuster and he believes that the bike will be totaled. He estimated the damages at nearly 75% of value. And based on his comments I expect the settlement to be fair. And we should be able to get it cleared up next week. I'll let you know.

DT

I don't have Progressive Insurance...but I do have a story. My RSTD was struck by another vehicle back in May...the insurance Company deterimed it to be totalled...but went back and forth on that for over a month. I finally settled with my insurance company in July.

I've never had an accident in my life...always paid my premiums over the years and now when I needed my insurance company they gave me a hard time. The accident was the result of a driver going through a traffic light (he was timing the light) at 45-50 MPH...loosing control of his vehicle when he saw me start to make a turn after the light changed...struck me in my right rear saddlbag area (just missing my right leg by an inch or two)...my feet were on the ground when he struck my bike (he was probably going around 40 mph at impact) and they were still firmly planted on the ground after he hit me. Bike was never spun or knocked down...and I was not tossed from the bike...Thank You LORD! I had just put the last piece of chrome I was going to put on that bike (even told the wifey that before I went for that ride) and it was the best riding bike I have ever owned.

Don't be surprised if they play some mind games with you (total then non-total)...and don't be surprised if they low-ball you for some time. They can be a very distusting group to work with (insurance adjusters) and I have yet to hear someone get a fair settlement offer first time through.

Let us know how your making out!

My truck got hit while parked by someone with Progressive..I must say I was very happy with the service. Even though it was just a scuffed front bumper, they gave me a rental car for the whole time. Called me right away to schedule the estimate and called me afterwards to make sure I was happy.