IGNORED

Need intercom plug replacement info

My intercom plug doesn't allow me to talk through it. I first thought it might be the cable that goes to the helmet, so I switched them around to no avail. I even put a dab of dialectic grease in there thinking maybe a connection wasn't good. Well...a connection isn't good but the grease didn't help. :)

Is there a common fix to this? The plug is quite loose compared to the passenger's plug so I figure something has just moved out of tolerance.

Is the plug/wire replaceable?

Parts are dealer only?

Does this sound like a good time to "sell" the Scala Bluetooth headset idea to my wife? :happy34:

Guest steyr1488

I don't know what the problem would be with your plug other than just being worn out. If you need one, you can have mine. We never use the headsets.

I would imagine that Yamaha wants a small fortune for the wire from the dealer.

Let me know.

By the way, why did you steal my sig? hahaha Just kidding.

Kris

kbrohal@roadrunner.com

DIN plugs are notorious for getting loose and creating intermittent connections. Replacements are easy to make, but I find that by using a set of hemostats, I can put a little "s" curve in each pin of the male plug that solves the problem. Maybe not for ever, but I have yet to have one I have treated like this go bad again.

If you want to try to fix the female side of the plug, find a very small pick (like a dentist's pick) and carefully stick it into the plug between the metal contacts and the surrounding rubber of each pin. Be careful; you don't want to bend this metal much, just enough to make it hug the pin when the plug is reinserted. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Kris, where'd you get your bug? :D

Thank you for that offer! I'll try Goose's suggestion first just to save you from removing and shipping it. If it doesn't work I'll shoot you an email! THANKS!

I am still strongly considering a couple of Bluetooth headsets. I'm tired of missing out on phone calls when I'm riding since I use my bike for work.