IGNORED

Looking for.....

JimGarner

Hey everyone. I'm the proud new owner of a 2008 Venture. YAY! But the previous owner must not have liked the tank emblems and he removed them. So..... to me the bike looks a little naked.

Anyone have some tank emblems that they would like to sell?

Any help sure would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim Garner

Jim, I have the originals from my '08. They are different from most years. You are welcome to them for a small donation to the VentureRider.Org website. What ever small amount you wish. Just send me an email with your address. Your will need some new 3m sticky tape, the type with the red peel off plastic. You can find it at an automotive store in the weather seal stuff. Do you also need the faring whiskers? I think I also have the 'Yamaha' trunk emblem. I can send them too. Just let me know.

Jim, I have the originals from my '08. They are different from most years. You are welcome to them for a small donation to the VentureRider.Org website. What ever small amount you wish. Just send me an email with your address. Your will need some new 3m sticky tape, the type with the red peel off plastic. You can find it at an automotive store in the weather seal stuff. Do you also need the faring whiskers? I think I also have the 'Yamaha' trunk emblem. I can send them too. Just let me know.

That Would be great Owen! I shure would appreciate it. The tank emblems and the one for the trunk too.

What are faring whiskers?

I'll shoot you my address via email.

Thanks again!

Jim G

KI4JQO

Edited by JimGarner

Hmmm Never heard that one before :think:.......Jus' kiddin... Funny thing about that is if you know who Maverick is, kinda tells your age. I loved the show myself.

:happy34:

Jim G

It doesn't really show your age unless you know the difference between Bart, Beau and Bret Maverick,, I think I may have just said too much!

Oh, what the heck,, Jack Kelly, Rodger Moore, and James Garner.

And of course in the full length movie James Garner played Bret's father Beauregard Maverick AKA (Marshal Zane Cooper)

Edited by hig4s

I haven't got 'em on yet Mike.

I'm still cutting out the excess double-sided tape. This stuff is tough. I've gone thru 3 Exacto knife blades and I'm not even done with one yet, and I'm out of Exacto blades.

Plus the weather was half ways decent today so I thought I'd take Mrs straycatt and go hit that scavenger hunt site that ic23b posted that isn't too far from me.......but I see you beat me to it........:detective:

Now I've got to rake some leaves before the snow buries them all. :depressed:

Thanks BTW, I really think it's going to look good.

Well, I finally got my new tank badges on. Many thanks to Mike. I think the scoot looks better with them on.

Even if it's not an '06. :95:

I probably got a little anal, between cutting the double sided tape so that it covered ALL of the back of the badge with none hanging out, to measuring the distance from the stripe on the tank and the top and bottom of the tank to make sure that both badges were in exactly the same place on each side.

I'm happy with the way it turned out.