IGNORED

'09 V-Max on Barrett-Jackson

TxVenture

Did anyone see the V-Max on Barrett-Jackson last nite?? I think it was Jay Leno's and he had it auctioned for a charity in New York. It went for $120K. Probably because of who's it was and also because of the charity the money was going to. Thought it interesting that it was a metric and not an American made bike that was being sold in such an American setting.

Don H.

Yikes! 120K for a ten year old Vmax, no matter WHO owned it, is a chunk! Why for that money I could have a......... and a ............. and a ............. and a .............

Well, you get the idea! ('Course who's got 120k to spend on toys:hihi: ).

Did anyone see the V-Max on Barrett-Jackson last nite?? I think it was Jay Leno's and he had it auctioned for a charity in New York. It went for $120K. Probably because of who's it was and also because of the charity the money was going to. Thought it interesting that it was a metric and not an American made bike that was being sold in such an American setting.

Don H.

no one would pay that much for a slow bike. i think jay leno said he was down to 85 bikes now. got alot of respect for jay leno. real down to earth guy and a gear head to boot. :clap2::clap2:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/092909pressrelease7.htm

After deciding to part with his brand new VMAX, Jay upped the ante by sending it down to the noted custom-bike designer Jeff Palhegyi. The San Diego-based customizer wasn't fazed by the fact that he only had one week to work his magic.

"Jay's only instructions were, 'This bike's going to be bought by an enthusiast, so make sure to keep it rideable.' I know he's into bold, powerful bikes and cars, so I'll be emphasizing those aspects of the VMAX," said Jeff Palhegyi.