Today i put the tci from my 93 into my 90 started right way so that was the problem sure a pain to do but now both will be on top of the airbox. Mine acted up for years it had a burp but then lately is been getting worse finally 3 weeks ago it quite for good. now well ride it like we stole it. Is there someone out there that repairs them, would like to get that bad one fixed... THANKS YOOPER

Today i put the tci from my 93 into my 90 started right way so that was the problem sure a pain to do but now both will be on top of the airbox. Mine acted up for years it had a burp but then lately is been getting worse finally 3 weeks ago it quite for good. now well ride it like we stole it. Is there someone out there that repairs them, would like to get that bad one fixed... THANKS YOOPER

There used to be a fellow up in Canada named Dave Watts who was working on them but I haven't seen any posts from him in years. Sometimes he could fix them and sometimes he couldn't. He said there was some parts in them that he couldn't find a supplier for. There may be others but he is the only one that I know of. He repaired mine just fine but that was back around 2002.

Dick

There used to be a fellow up in Canada named Dave Watts who was working on them but I haven't seen any posts from him in years. Sometimes he could fix them and sometimes he couldn't. He said there was some parts in them that he couldn't find a supplier for. There may be others but he is the only one that I know of. He repaired mine just fine but that was back around 2002.

Dick

Also DonB (supporting member) was doing this as well, but was having trouble finding a chip source. Don't think he has had any luck yet, on getting a source.

Donb cant do the work on the 90-93. Already sent him a text trying to get my 91 repaired and that is what he told me.

David

Ps ignatech says they canmake you a new one and deliver it to your door for just a little over $200 dollars. Compared to yamaha wanting $999.99 thats not a bad idea. Iv'e been watching a thread on it to see how well it works.

Ignatech says they can make you a new one and deliver it to your door for just a little over $200 dollars. Compared to yamaha wanting $999.99 thats not a bad idea. Iv'e been watching a thread on it to see how well it works.

I have been watching that thread, with interest too, still a bit early, but shows promise.

Dick

Here is a guy that maybe able to help you. He's not very far from my house. http://viragotcirepair.com/ Dont know if he'll do it but I did see his name originally on The Venturers page.

THIS BELOW LOOKS LIKE SOME GOOD INFO.

Heres another web site that might be of interest to you. http://www.jetav8r.com/Vision/TCIRebuild/TCI_Rebuild.html some interesting stuff and possible parts sites.

And here is the link to the Ignition site the above came from. http://www.jetav8r.com/Vision/IgnitionFAQ.html LOOKS LIKE VERY GOOD INFO EVERONE COULD USE

For you in Europe here is a facility that repairs TCI'S http://www.carmo.nl/

Edited by CrazyHorse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

83 1st gen, it works great. I have more power than I remember it ever having. Plus I can tweak the timing settings with zero effort.

I'm trying to fit in the vac advance that we all know as the "boost" sensor, to get the highway cruise mode in the timing to work, but I am getting better gas mileage than I ever did with the new TCI.

Plus I have a ton more confidence in my bike now. of the 3 dead 83 Tci's I have around here all three have the corroded Diode failure. Mine and 1 other were perfect inside except for the diodes. the 3rd looked like it was under water for months.

83 1st gen, it works great. I have more power than I remember it ever having. Plus I can tweak the timing settings with zero effort.

I'm trying to fit in the vac advance that we all know as the "boost" sensor, to get the highway cruise mode in the timing to work, but I am getting better gas mileage than I ever did with the new TCI.

Plus I have a ton more confidence in my bike now. of the 3 dead 83 Tci's I have around here all three have the corroded Diode failure. Mine and 1 other were perfect inside except for the diodes. the 3rd looked like it was under water for months.

SO your pretty happy with it? What kind of mileage are you getting. So if your cranking on the throttle your not noticing any lack of power?