IGNORED

Another front fork question

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

My front forks will not hold air, brand new bike... I will look at getting it repair in the winter not at the end of the season, unless it is dangrous to ride without air or do I really need the air?

I'm sure this will be repair under warranty but is it something I will be taking back time after time..

Hell I even thought of using that fix flat but said naw better not...LOL

So do you really need air or is it just another headache?

One year and 10k miles with no air in front shock doing just fine here. Many of us run zero PSI in Front Shocks... However it should hold up to 7 PSI. If you hit it with a compressor you might have blown the seals. Otherwise a warranty issue. Good Luck.

Guest scarylarry

thanks that settles it for me unless I have to take it in I won't bother with though I will tell the dealer and hope they make a note of it, cause I will... It is 09 and I got 5 yrs before I shell out bucks.

By that time it will need to be replace anyway..

So unless it goes in for something else I'm leaving it be

I run mine at "0" all the time. You won't hurt a thing. Are you SURE that it won't hold air though? How are you checking it? About the only way to do it is to use a Progressive pump which has a "0" loss air chuck. The max is 7 psi and if you use a standard air gauge to check them, you will just about drain all the air just checking them.