IGNORED

New Avons on

Kregerdoodle

Use the max cold pressure on the sidewall. The ride is a little firmer but the handling difference is night and day. You can always adjust the pressure in the rear shock. I've been using Avons at the max cold pressure for the last 4 years and wouldn't use anything else. I did try the lower pressures (Yamaha owners manual) when I first put the Avons on for a short while but didn't like the feel. I believe Yamaha recommended pressures contributed heavily to the short life and cupping of the front tire on the original Bridgestones.

I'd recommned giving the max cold and Yamaha pressures a try under the same conditions for about a month each and see if you don't notice a difference. From everything I've seen on using lower tire pressures they result in more heat build up, wear, and premature failure. I'll get off the soap box now, enjoy your ride. :080402gudl_prv:

I'm going to split this one down the middle. I looked at Avons web site for recommended tire pressure. For our bike they recommend 41 front 44 rear. I just ran through my first Avon rear. It had 11,500 miles on it with about 1.5mm of tread left, but I changed it before a long trip. I probably could have ran that tire for 14,000 miles. It wore very evenly with a constant 44psi. I'm still running my front tire with 15,000 miles on it. I'll probably order a new one for Christmas.