My turn signals seem to have developed a problem, or have had it and I just didn't realize it.

They flash fine and all, but only when I hold the switch over. When I release it, they don't stay on, they cancel. It should stay flashing until the button is pushed in instead of to the side, correct?

Any ideas on where to start searching?

Here is a link to a schematic for the 83-85 that is easier to read.

Possibly bad canceling unit.

I do have a schematic of the flasher relay done now if that would help you. Its more than a standard auto type flasher.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40948]Updated easier to read 83-85 wiring schematic - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Gary

I have teh opposite problem. One of my turn signals dosen't cancel most of the time. While I can manually cancel it, it is much nicer when it works properly. Does anyone have any advice for this problem?

Maybe check the speedo sensor, glued to the bottom dash housing, above the speedo cable fitting. Could it be that it is loose & not reading the distance traveled????? Remember, this feature operates by a combination of distance since activation & elapsed time, both conditions must be met for it to work.

:080402gudl_prv:

I have teh opposite problem. One of my turn signals dosen't cancel most of the time. While I can manually cancel it, it is much nicer when it works properly. Does anyone have any advice for this problem?

Does your signals cancel and then come back on later, like when you are stopped idling?

That is what mine does.

RandyA

I have been through just about every switch and connector on this bike with contact cleaner and dielectric grease. If I haven't hit them, its because I haven't found them....

Is there something that keeps them from staying on in neutral? This is the only theory I have right now, and will test it tomorrow.