IGNORED

I got 'Defensiive'!!

craigatcsi

I was at a local Dealer this past Saturday for a 'show and shine'. My 07 wasn't entered, I just went to look and for the free Hot dogs.

Anyway, while in the parking lot at my bike, a couple guys with older Suzuki 750s commented on my shirt that had the 'Tail of the Dragon' logo on the back & asked if I had run the dragon. I said that I had last summer and that it is alot of fun. I also said that some people on here and others I have talked to have told me of other roads in that area that have even more twisties.

We went on talking about the roads down there and I told them that after a few hours, I had to find an Interstate for some straight roads, so I could cover some distances. And that being from Nebraska, I'm not used to curves all day long.

Then he said it.....'Well that big bike of yours isn't made to handle curves like that'. Well that did it!! I got all defensive and told him about while doing the dragon there was a crotch rocket we were following that wouldn't get out of my way, we had to pull over to give him time to get waaay ahead of us so we could play. (Of course, the crotch rocket HAD to be a novice rider, but I didn't tell them that). And how I could smell my front brakes, I was riding my bike so hard! In my younger days, I would've challenged them to a road race :)

Of course this ended the conversation. They casually went back to talking amongst themselves. Probably thinking I was full of 'IT'. My wife just stood there grinning at me like 'you old fool'.

As I look back, It was like they were calling one of my kids ugly.

I guess I have finally become attached to this machine.

craigr