IGNORED

Bub Complete Exhaust Question

Hi guys.

I have a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe and have just ordered the Complete Bub 4 into 2 exhaust system for it. This system replaces the head pipes as well as the slip-ons. Bub doesn't say anything about re-jetting, but my dealership has told me that I don't need to re-jet unless i change the head pipes, which I will be doing. Because of what my dealership said, I contacted the guys at Baron, and they tell me that I shsouldn't have to re-jet unless I change the intake. I told them that the only change that I planned to make to the intake was to use K&N elements. They told me that even with the change of elements along with changing the whole exhaust, they still would not recommend

re-jetting. Also, I can't seem to find a jet kit out there for a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe anyway. I am a little un-easy with the conficting information. I trust the guys at Baron because they have alot of experience with the Royal Star, but at the same time, I want to be sure my mistress doesn't burn up from running to lean. Do any of you guys have a 2005 or newer RSTD with the Complete Bub 4 into 2 system? If so, what did you do or what has your experience been.

Regards,

Tony

2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Hi guys.

I have a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe and have just ordered the Complete Bub 4 into 2 exhaust system for it. This system replaces the head pipes as well as the slip-ons. Bub doesn't say anything about re-jetting, but my dealership has told me that I don't need to re-jet unless i change the head pipes, which I will be doing. Because of what my dealership said, I contacted the guys at Baron, and they tell me that I shsouldn't have to re-jet unless I change the intake. I told them that the only change that I planned to make to the intake was to use K&N elements. They told me that even with the change of elements along with changing the whole exhaust, they still would not recommend

re-jetting. Also, I can't seem to find a jet kit out there for a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe anyway. I am a little un-easy with the conficting information. I trust the guys at Baron because they have alot of experience with the Royal Star, but at the same time, I want to be sure my mistress doesn't burn up from running to lean. Do any of you guys have a 2005 or newer RSTD with the Complete Bub 4 into 2 system? If so, what did you do or what has your experience been.

Regards,

Tony

2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Put the system on and find a good dyno guy to test your exhaust! It may feel like it's fine but it will more than likely be lean. A good dyno shop will be able to tell you what you need if anything and most will do the work for you if you need. :2cents:

My opinion... You will probably only need to turn out the pilot screws some to richen things a 'tad'. (Not to be confused with a 'bit'. :hihi: )

Edit: I see your a Trial Member. Send in a check and become a Supporting Member... it's the least money you will EVER spend on your bike! :mo money: :thumbsup2:

I just changed last month to the 4-2-4's from Barons and I did not have to rejet. Why are you changing the headers. The slipon' fit right into our headers. The only items you would need would be the chrome "O" ring clamp. I know Gunboat has the BUBS and he said you dont need to rejet.Ocassionaly a user will run into "popping" on decel due to the AIS system but then you can just disable the AIS and sometimes a carb tune will do the job. I love my Baron 4-2-4's and they slipped right into the existing headers with no issues at all. Took me about 30 minutes to attach the slipon's and then another 30 for the 4 "Extreme Slash Tips". Hope you enjoy the new sound.

My :2cents:

Ditto on becoming a member. Best $12 I ever spent. I believe this site has saved me about $2k as well as meeting a large number of great people. Therefore I bought $2k in Chrome. LOL

James

Alright now James.....you know the rules, where are the pic`s ???? Hey are you gonna make it to Kelly`s this Sat.???

Hope to see ya`ll soon..

Kreg

I just changed last month to the 4-2-4's from Barons and I did not have to rejet. Why are you changing the headers. The slipon' fit right into our headers. The only items you would need would be the chrome "O" ring clamp. I know Gunboat has the BUBS and he said you dont need to rejet.Ocassionaly a user will run into "popping" on decel due to the AIS system but then you can just disable the AIS and sometimes a carb tune will do the job. I love my Baron 4-2-4's and they slipped right into the existing headers with no issues at all. Took me about 30 minutes to attach the slipon's and then another 30 for the 4 "Extreme Slash Tips". Hope you enjoy the new sound.

Ditto on becoming a member. Best $12 I ever spent. I believe this site has saved me about $2k as well as meeting a large number of great people. Therefore I bought $2k in Chrome. LOL

James

Put the system on and find a good dyno guy to test your exhaust! It may feel like it's fine but it will more than likely be lean. A good dyno shop will be able to tell you what you need if anything and most will do the work for you if you need. :2cents:

It was my understanding that re-jetting was required only if you changed the whole system. Slip-ons do not need to re-jet.

Also agree with the above comment, Find a person that knows what they are doing. I would stay away from the manufacture.

Brad

James

Where do I find the 'Chrome O ring clamp'?

craigr

James

James,

I was told by Bubs website as well as their people that the slip-ons will work with the Venture, but not the Tour Deluxe. The Complete System will work with both the Tour Deluxe or the Venture. (Figure that one out..). Also, according to Bub, the radius of the bends in their headers are supposed to be more efficient. We will see. I will be anxious to see if there is really any difference from a visual perspective or otherwise. I will take pictures of both and post them if it is a big enough deal. I have already clogged my AIS. Also, I became a menber Today. Thanks for your info.

Regards,

Tony

i have a 05 with them same exhaust you have. and when i am coasting to a stop it sounds like i am poping pop corn. so yes you deff need to adjust something. re jet or tweek i am having mine looked at next week.

matt:Avatars_Gee_George:

Matt,

If you have the Bubs on now, I'll bet that you always had the popping sound and just didn't notice it with the stock mufflers. Search this site for threads on plugging the AIS (Air Induction System), or google "Royal Star AIS" without the quotes. I plugged the main intake hose of the AIS on the bottom front of my bike with a marble and I have no popping at all anymore. The AIS is, in common sense terms, a factory installed exhaust leak that introduces fresh air into the exhaust ports to purposely cause the engine to backfire in order to completely burn any unburned gasses that come into the exhaust system. I would definitely plug the AIS before you have it looked at. That will most likely solve the problem.

Regards,

Tony

• 6 months later...

Guys, I'm sorry it's been so long, but I've finally got some pictures to show you comparing the stock RSTD HeadPipes to the Full System Bub HeadPipes. The inside diameter of the Bub pipes are much bigger. The stock headpipes are in two peices, The Bubs are one piece. The stock headpipes have many kinks and welds, the bubs just have one weld that connects the front and rear cylinder pipes. The bike runs, sounds and looks better. I also installed the Dyna 3000 ignition at curve 4. The performance is amazing, but I did sacrifice a tad bit of low end due to the larger diameter headpipes, and sacrificed some gas mileage with the ignition. I may try to install an adjustable monster baffle type device in the Bub mufflers to see if I can claim some of my low end back. All in all I am pretty happy. I've got a touring/cruiser that performs like a Kawasaki KZ900. See Pics.

Regards,

Tony