IGNORED

Leveling links installed

Well I installed my leveling links last night was pretty easy but I have 1 question, I used the new bolts supplies by Diamond R when I had the new bolts tight to 36 ft/lbs with torque wrench there was a small amount of slop, you could push the bolt back and forth maybe 1/16" I did not notice this when I took the other ones off but that doesn't mean it wasn't there is this the way its suppose to be? I have rode the bike to try out the new links WOW what a difference it definetly makes a difference in the handling if you don't have them on your bike yet I would reccomend them.

Diamond r - what great service I ordered a backrest, L.E.D. brakelight for under my trunk and the leveling links on Fri and had them on Mon. I talked with Patty on the phone and she was very freindly and helpfull. Then yesterday I received an e-mail telling me that she crediting back 20 bucks because shipping wasn't as much as anticipated how many places do that now days

Jeff

Well I installed my leveling links last night was pretty easy but I have 1 question, I used the new bolts supplies by Diamond R when I had the new bolts tight to 36 ft/lbs with torque wrench there was a small amount of slop, you could push the bolt back and forth maybe 1/16" I did not notice this when I took the other ones off but that doesn't mean it wasn't there is this the way its suppose to be? I have rode the bike to try out the new links WOW what a difference it definetly makes a difference in the handling if you don't have them on your bike yet I would reccomend them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, yes there are like night and day on the bike's handling..

I've installed about 4 sets of the leveling links on other people's bikes and can't honestly recall any 'slop' in the bolt after torquing the nuts. Did you remember to put in the washers? I am not sure if your condition will affect the rideability or safety of the bike.. best wait to hear from the experts on that one..

• 1 year later...