IGNORED

Carb Sync aid in/near west Texas...

LilBeaver

I have yet to order a CarbTune and I just flat out have not had the time to make my own yet and I still need a tachometer but I've been reading a lot lately about the signs that lead one to believe that it is time to do a carb sync and I feel that my bike is due...

So here it is; Is there someone in or near west Texas that has a equipment, know-how, time, and patience to meet up with me and give me a hand syncing my carbs?

I have an 01 RSV and am in Lubbock, Texas.

I'll certainly be happy to meet you wherever and at your convenience of course.

Thanks in advance!

- Rick M.

hi rick

how soon do you want to do this? i'am a little ways from ya, but not that bad a run. i hope to have my new avon corba tire mounted some time wensday. have a mini-mx day at kelly's (wilsontamu83) this coming saturday. i could head that way saturday enveing & meet up with you sunday some where. i don't have to be back at work till tuesday night.

if no one is closer, i'll be gald to help.

don c.

I have a carbtune and live in Borger. Without going into a lot of detail, I am pretty tied up until after the 27th, but after that I will be glad to show you how to use the carbtune. I don't have a tach.

If you respond and I don't answer, I am not going to be around a computer for about a week but will get back with you then.

Don:

I was hoping to get this done soon, but I've been saying that for a few months now, so it is not that big of a deal. I really appreciate your willingness to give me a hand here but so far it looks like Jerry is a wee bit closer.

If I don't get it done by November, I am going to try to make the get together in November, we could plan on doing it then, if that works for you and if I don't git-r-done sooner. Thanks again!

Jerry:

Thanks, you're a bit closer than Houston; I'll take you up on that if someone else doesn't chime in sooner. I'll be out of town from 25-Sept to 4-Oct, so it sounds like for us it would have to be after then. Touch base when you find some time. I'll make sure to update here if I get it done sooner.

Thanks again both of you!

- Rick M.

Guest tx2sturgis

West Texas Carb Synching at your service!!

Hey, anyone that drops in a new regulator right before a long trip deserves something, right?

I'm going to be here in town till Thursday, then riding up to Amarillo for the weekend...then back down here in Plainview for a couple days, then back up to Amarillo when I will be departing to ride over to Arkansas for the Bikes Blues and BBQ rally in Fayetteville AR...so...my schedule is flexible but in a few days, time will be precious.

I could meet you somewhere, or you are welcome to borrow the unit and the instructions and do it at your lesisure....let me know.

Terrific! (PM sent)

Thanks Brian. My schedule is pretty flexible so I'd be happy to ride up to Plainview anytime today or tomorrow. So whatever would be most convenient for you.

My only restriction for today and tomorrow is that I've got a class from 9-10 tomorrow.

Just let me know when and where would be good for you and what I ought to bring, if anything, and I'll be there.

My number is in my profile if you would rather call than communicate through here, but it makes no difference to me.

Thanks again!

Rick M.

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey no prob....its so easy even a caveman can do it!!!! Just follow that page that Freebird has up...it should make quite a difference in the vibration...

First of all ya'll aren't kidding about it being a straight forward process. It certainly helped that Brian pointed out the vacuum ports and adjustment screws (the screws of which would have tough to spot without knowing right where to look).

Next, my #1 and #2 were within 2 mmHG of each other, which was acceptable (but I adjusted it anyways). #3 and #4 were off by about 6mmHG of each other. And #3 and #4 were significantly higher than #1 and #2. I apparently deleted my before picture but here is my after.

I thought this bike had smooth acceleration before (there were a few rough spots, but it was much smoother than the V-twin I was on before). I took it for a spin after syncing them up and I am amazed at the difference. Maybe I am imagining things but not only does it seem smoother (which I am positive it has improved tremendously), around mid rev range it seems to have a little more umph than it did before (this may or may not be true but regardless I'm happy).

:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks again Brian (PM sent regarding returning your CarbTune)!

- Rick M.

Edited by LilBeaver

Guest tx2sturgis

There ya go!!! Yep...kinda tames the beast a bit, but really helps in the rideability and off-idle control. Seems like i noticed a bit more ooomph too, but its been awhile since I did mine. Did you have any problems getting the caps and hoses off the brass nipples?

There ya go!!! Yep...kinda tames the beast a bit, but really helps in the rideability and off-idle control. Seems like i noticed a bit more ooomph too, but its been awhile since I did mine. Did you have any problems getting the caps and hoses off the brass nipples?

Not at all. After your warning I was extremely careful in pulling the clamps off then shot a little lube (white lithium grease - to not damage the rubber) and a touch of compressed air between the hoses and the brass deal then eased them right off. After I got them off, I checked to make sure the brass was not loose at all and it seemed okay.

I was thinking about picking up two caps to replace the ones that are on there because one has that 'old dried rubber' look to it, but it wasn't brittle at all (just as a precautionary measure).

:thumbsup2: