IGNORED

1 1/2" Lowering Kit

Whitlow

Lowering the rear of the Royal Star Venture, according to all I have read and according to an extrapolation of my own experience, makes it handle worse.

If you raise the rear end by using leveling links, then you will improve handling. This I have done (as have many others), and it is certainly true. Although I have never lowered the rear end of an RSV, it would seem to make sense that lowering would do the opposite of raising, and that would be making handling worse.

If you are short, lower the front end. This will do what you need and also level out the bike to make handling better. Don't lower the rear end.

I lowered my VTX and put a 240 fat tire kit on it made a BIG difference. I also lowered my HD Roadking also made a world of difference. Thanks for your reply and I would like to hear more please. Why would raising it help it seems to me that lowering the center of gravity would help on any bike. Fill me in!

Thanks

hi vance

i had one of those on my bike when i bought it 4 years ago. but i was a 1" kit, i later bought a 1/2" kit from barrons. that was to be used together to lower the rear a total of 1-1/2". i wonder if they have revised it kit? anyway i took the whole mess off 'cause i was draging the pipes in curves and bottoming out on the shock lower mounting bracket.

but i found out that my rear shock was bad almost 2 years after i bought the bike. new shock and going back to stock everything took care of the scraping & bottoming out. now i'am a short legged fellow, but i have not lowered the front yet. i will be going to mount the avon corba 150/80r-16 in a day or so. i have been using a me880 130/90-16 which is a little lower. i will be lowering the front if i have a "tippy toe" problem. don't know if this helps or not just my oberservations & 2-cents.

don c.

I going to be the odd ball on the issue, while I have not lowered mine, I'm 6'1", I have put leveling links on my 2000 RSV rode it a few miles, and took them off, made the bike handle like crap to me especially at low speed in town, then I rode a 2005 which was lowered, I liked it a whole lot better. Just the opposite of the general opinion here.

My 2004 is stock, I run 0 air in the rear, and only 2 to 4 lbs frount. Cobra on frount, kumho on back, 36 psi in both. Bike handles perfect to ME.

The only reason I have not lowered it, don't want to drag the pipes, at 6'1" I really don't need it lower.

Now my better half at 5'2" road star had to be lowered, and I mean its lower, seat hits me in the knees, but it handles and rides and looks great.

Gregg

I have my bike lowered front and rear and I have no intentions of raising it back up. It does give the bike a lower center of gravity and makes it easier to step over the seat. I rode stock for a while, then lowered the front and later the rear. I am very satisfied with the results.

I don't have a problem, but I am not a real agressive rider. You can put some air in the rear shock and it will raise the back up. I have raked the pipes a few times, but that was leaving a driveway etc. that had a pretty good angle. After I aired the shock up, I have not raked them.

you should lower a bike as the LAST resort, as it increases the minimum turning radius.

When you NEED to turn tight, you might bottom out the frame and crash the bike instead of being able to swerve around the hazard.....

If your feet do not sit flat on the ground due to a short inseam, get the seat front narrowed and lower the seating area by shaving off some foam.

hi vance

don't know how much tread is left on the front tire, but you could also try a smaller front tire. i have been using a metzeler mathron 880 130/90-16 on the front. as i have posted before i have had no issuses with the me880's but others have. this is another option you can try, there probley other 130/90-16 tires. i will be installing a avom corbra 150/80r-16 front tire in a day or so. to see how i like it with the kohmo c/t on the rear. i hear the ride is fantastic, but if i have a flat foot problem with this f/t. i will be lowering the front. good luck keep us informed.

don c.

I have this on mine, and the front is lowered 1". It was the BEST thing I ever did to my Venture. I can flat foot the bike when stopped, (I', 5'10"). It helped the handling and turning in my opinion. I also have the smaller Venom front tire.

My advise. Lower it. if it doesn't feel right, it's easy to restore it to stock!

Has anyone out there used this or know anything about it? I would like any and all info you can give me.

Thanks

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BA-7530-00