IGNORED

Please ID this connector! Turn Signals dead!

I had my 87 apart for over two weeks. There is a green two pin quick connector that has two wires- brown (or chocolate?) and white and black and white. The connector emerges from the wiring harness along the left side just above a point halfway between the radiator and the front left (as you sit on the bike) cylinder (no. 2).

The manual indicates this may be part of the turn signal circuit, which is not functioning since I put it back together.

I am trying to diagnose my turn signals not working and wonder if I'm missing something.

The turn signals are DOA.

Thanks You guys!

Just a thought : turn your 4-way hazard switch on and off a few times and make sure it is working. That switch overrides your turn signals (on my 83 anyways). I was completely stumped, wondering why my turnsignals all of a sudden failed to operate after my 4 yr old had been sitting on her Daddy's bike for a bit. Although the 4-ways weren't on, the switch wasn't quite fully off, and had interupted the turn signal circuit. An hour of probing all over with my multimeter hadn't yielded any results, when my "little angel" (let's call her) sat on the bike and turned the 4-ways on again. Once I shut them off, the turn signals worked.:doh:

I believe the green connector you are refering to is for the California Emmissions version which is not used in all other models. The California version has a "C" designator in the model.

Your turn signal problem may very well be from the 4 way flasher circuit. If your 4 way flasher switch is not pluggede into the connector, you wil have no turn signals...