IGNORED

Avon Cobra frount radial

footsie

I am reposting this here to answer some questions in other threads.

The Avon Cobra I am running on the frount is 150/80R/16 radial frount tire.

I bought mine from Bikebandit.com, it was 164.95 Plus 7.95 shipping.

they ship fast too.

For me this is one of the best things I have done for the RSV, it seems to solve all of the handling problems, and rides great.

I do have the kumho ct on back, its a great combo.

I really believe that the RSV needs radial tires.

I am reposting pictures of mine mounted on the 2004, I will check with Micky he has my 2000 which has the cobra and nexum, to see how many miles he has on it now.

Gregg

I am reposting this here to answer some questions in other threads.

The Avon Cobra I am running on the frount is 150/80R/16 radial frount tire.

I bought mine from Bikebandit.com, it was 164.95 Plus 7.95 shipping.

they ship fast too.

For me this is one of the best things I have done for the RSV, it seems to solve all of the handling problems, and rides great.

I do have the kumho ct on back, its a great combo.

I really believe that the RSV needs radial tires.

I am reposting pictures of mine mounted on the 2004, I will check with Micky he has my 2000 which has the cobra and nexum, to see how many miles he has on it now.

Gregg

I just triked mine..I wonder how this tire would work with a 5% rake on the front????Has any trikers tried it yet...Have been told the front tire wears a lot more on the sidewall when you trike it out????????????....Thanks...Carl...:fingers-crossed-emo

I have seen trikes with car tires on the frount, bike no longer leans, tire carries weight and provides steering and braking. But the greater ground contact may make steering harder.

Might be something to check out.

To answer your question I don't know how the cobra would do on your trike, should ride good. Is there increase in weight on the frount end when I bike is triked.+

Gregg

I just triked mine..I wonder how this tire would work with a 5% rake on the front????Has any trikers tried it yet...Have been told the front tire wears a lot more on the sidewall when you trike it out????????????....Thanks...Carl...
When rake is increased the tire will skid around corners more than turn, same situation with sport bikes versus cruisers. Increased trail reading makes the raked out cruiser more stable on the highway than a sporty but can't turn very sharp in the parking lot like a sporty can. Front tires will wear more on a trike cuz they don't lean so end up getting scuffed around the corner, probably more noticeable in town type driving with sharper turns.