IGNORED

Electrical help needed ASAP

Bill in NJ

Hi all. Just installed the Chrome Glow turn signal lights last week and they work/look great so I ordered the tail light. Installed it tonight and it looks great. So here is the problem. I tighten down the lens cover to finish up and then turned the key thats when I had no lights and the horn is blowing. What gives?? I then took out the LED and put back the stock bulb..samething! I have a trip planed to Vermont this weekend and it would be a long trip with out lights and listening to the horn(LOL) Any Ideas??? Thanks. Bill

Reason is: Us ELECTRICAL GURUs need a lot more info.

Has this happened before?

What else did you get into?

Did it do this after the first set of lights were put in?

Did you pinch any wires?

Are the 2nd set of lights installed LEDs or incandescents?

Did you check all connections?

Did you reverse the polarity? Positive to negative and/or vice versa?

In other words give us more hints so we can help you....

Electrical problems are the hardest to figure out especially not being there. :think:

5bikes

To answer the ??

No this has never happened before

The turn signals were put in last week and have had no problems

The turn signals and tail lights are LED plug and play. no cuts no splices. just remove stock bulb and replace with LED.

I had the taillight plugged in and working with lens held in place but not screwed down. After I screwed it down is when I had the problem.

I checked wires on new tail light might have pinch one but the wire does not look exposed just flattened.

I did remove the LED tail light and put the stock bulb back in to see if it made a difference and it did not.

I removed the seat and disconnected the lighting harness but no difference. still no lights and horn going off.

5bikes thanks for your help.

We have light!!

What was happening was that the headlight fuse was blownig and cutting all the lights and activating the horn. Not sure why all the lights were going out but they did.

Went through a few fuses but figured it out. It looks like when I tightened the bottom screw on the lense the board was making contact with the housing and shorting out. If it was just the top 2 no problem. That bottom screw would pull it in far enough to short it. I taped the inside of the housing and used a small o ring and that did it. Thanks again. I still hate electrical problems. Bill :doh: