IGNORED

Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barend

Count to a hundred, my rear, that ain't gonna hack it!!! :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Apparantly the illegal sumb**** didn't weld my down tube on the rear cylinders right 'cause I still get some hot air coming up:headache:

tried just removing the downtube and lost the allan wrench on top off the collector and I couldn't get it out :starz:Had to buy another set of allan wrenches to finish that bit, lost that one on top of the collector too, so had to go buy a magnetic pick up, then, guess what: ...can't get the down tubes out so i'm having to take the whole blasted exhaust loose :mad::depressed::headache:

One of the nuts holding the collector on appears to be stripped too far and it won't come loose ....... :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head: and you can't reach it with vise grips!!!

I'm gonna kill something..............

maybe i need a drink (is it 12 o'clock yet)......

Slow down. Take it easy. The down tubes should come out but will just take a lot of wiggling. You can reach over top of nut to hold bolt don't remember exactly how. The front pipes have to come off too and they are a b****. Have fun. Once you do it it gets a lot easier. Don't understand where leak is coming from.

Well, I calmed down; somewhat! Got everything back off, appears the sumb**** illegal did not quite get the weld on the downtube and since he boogered the dickens out of it I hope they can fix that.

to complicate matters, I had some soot on the cylinder side of the exhaust flanges presumably from not seating it right the last time. Also the beveled edge on these are somewhat pitted and caused some blow by on the right side. The retaining rings have a similar problem and are not smooth on the bevel; so new copper rings is also up there and the gaskets in the collector are OK but not great so might as well replace that as well. Basically I'm looking at maybe replacing the whole rear cylinder exhaust assembly. Anyone have any used parts?

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-motorcycle-venture-royale-xvz12tdk-1983/o/m7869 shows no option for ordering the flanges.

Anyone cheaper or anyone with other suggestions?

Does anyone know if the gaskets from V-Max are the same as the VR so that I can pick them up from the stealer?

Edited by barend