IGNORED

kumho

gunboat

hi folks

i will be changing out the bfg for a kumho in the morning. finaly wore the bfg down to the wear bars ( just over 30,000 miles ). funny thing is the edges still look like new. kaby is coming over in the am to help. ponch will also be here to help me install one of his gauge sets. i am a lucky man to have these two great vr members help me with this little project. i will be looking at a avon corbra to install on the front soon. i installed a metzeler 880 just before going the '08 international rally last year. by my notes i got 22,000 miles on it. i realy like the 880 ( have got great service & no handling issuses with it) but will give the avon a try.

best reguards

don c.

Don,

Like normal, I will probably wake the Rooster up in the morning :farmer:

I will probably leave the house around 0700hrs, gonna check the weather real close before I head out, might be in the Truck, I will bring the wheel Balancer tool, if you can think of any thing else we may need give me a hollar and I see if I got it..

See ya in the AM,

Kreg

hi all you darksiders friday afternoon after i had pulled the bfg c/t off the bike. i sat it next to the kumho c/t. i noticed an interesting difference between the two. the bfg has a well defined 'square' shoulder. where as the kumho is more rounded. i have stated in the past about the 'wall' you feel with the bfg when leaning the bike (either direction) for the first several hundred miles or so. this feeling is not bad and goes away. i just figured it was doing this till it skuffed / wore in. some have said that they did not notice this 'wall' feeling with the kumho c/t. now i can see why, will update soon.

best reguard

don c.

hi all you darksiders friday afternoon after i had pulled the bfg c/t off the bike. i sat it next to the kumho c/t. i noticed an interesting difference between the two. the bfg has a well defined 'square' shoulder. where as the kumho is more rounded. i have stated in the past about the 'wall' you feel with the bfg when leaning the bike (either direction) for the first several hundred miles or so. this feeling is not bad and goes away. i just figured it was doing this till it skuffed / wore in. some have said that they did not notice this 'wall' feeling with the kumho c/t. now i can see why, will update soon.

best reguard

don c.

Don, I hope you like the Kumho as much as I do. The first 100 miles felt the oddest to me and even that was as good as the worn tire that came off.

I just dropped from 35 lbs to 32 lbs as a test since I was going to make a 500 mile round trip ride today but it didn't work out with the weather. I may still give it a couple hundred mile 2-up run tomorrow morning though.

best reguard

don c.

I did a comparison between a new Kumho PowerStar 758 165/80/R15 and a new Dunlop 404 before installing the CT. Both tires were new, mounted on rims and inflated to 38 lbs. I was very pleased with how these tires measured against each other. I’ve been running with the Kumho for about 1000 miles and must say that I’m very pleased with it so far.

hi all

on saturday just got a few miles on the new kumho. first thing i did notice was, i am seting a little higer in the seat. i thought the kumho was just a 1/2" taller than the bfg or close to a stock m/c tire for the rear. but it's not bad i can shift around a little and be flat footed on the ground. i was blessed with short legs. sunday i put in a couple hundred miles in. boy what a difference in the handling. i lean to either side and it goes. man you talk about smooth. i still have a few thousand miles left on the me 880 130/90-16 front so i may change it or wait. wish the avon corba was made in a 130/90-16 though and i would just stay with that size. more info to come, but i LIKE it.

best reguards

don c. :cool10:

The cobra is smaller than the stock brickstone, even though they are both 150/80/16, the avon however is a 150/80R/16 radial, paired with the kumho the ride is just perfection, smooth and I can not believe anything could handle better. Look at my post titled Cobra mounted. I put pictures of the avon beside the brickstone.

It is a little wider than the 130 but not much, compared to the one on David's rsv.

Freedom of the Road for all.

Gregg

PS. I am currently running 36PSI in the corba on frount and 32 in the Kumho on back. I ride single most of the time. When ridding 2 up I increase the back to 36 PSI.

Edited by footsie
added pressure info