IGNORED

Heads up display problem

Every once in awhile my display would just go away. This was usually a short period, like when it was first started. Yesterday it went away along with my Tach, turn signals, and brake lights. When I first turn on the key it is there, but if I engage the front brake or lift the side stand then it is gone. I'm thinking ground wire somewhere, but where should I start? does the side stand have a ground on it? I am electically challenged also but do have a Fluke meter (and a very rudimentary understanding of how to use it). It would have to happen right when I am working full-time, going to school full time, and the inspection is due this month. HELP

Brian,

mine did the same, computer would reset while driving and eventually would go blank and stay blank for an indeterminate period of time. Pulled the display and re-soldered it. No more problem,

Well, not there anyway:innocent:

Brian,

mine did the same, computer would reset while driving and eventually would go blank and stay blank for an indeterminate period of time. Pulled the display and re-soldered it. No more problem,

Well, not there anyway:innocent:

I agree here and also when you have it out, check the black wires for good ground continuity. There is a write up on the soldering of the display unit.

RandyA

Wilkie-

Here is the link to my project:

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19715]1st Gen main fuse panel replacement - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Here is the Pennsylvania version by Earl (Skydoc_17)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24784&highlight=fuse

My fuse panel has side exits so it sits flat but takes up a bit more real estate.

Earl's is a bottom exit so it is narrower but needs mounting brackets.

I ran a pair of wires to fuse #6 and down my harness to exit out near the battery.

Then I later used it as the driving light circuit.

Good luck tomorrow afternoon! And I get off at 6pm. if you need a hand.

JB

Couldn't find a suitable fuse block so I am ordering the whole shebang from Doc. I should have it this week sometime. I jerryrigged the bad fuse with a single fuse connection until It comes. Lonestar, I will get your stuff back to you this week, and then will do the swap on Thursday or Friday