IGNORED

venture has no heating option

Get heated gloves for sure.... Get a snowmobile suit and your good in the 20 degree and below range. I guarantee you feet will never get cold on a Venture. This is the first bike I have owned that I have to hang my feet out on the highway pegs in 20 degree weather to cool them off...

I rode all last winter with just leather chaps, leather jacket and heated gloves. There is a problem with the Gerbing gloves, so 1 thumb gets cold, but other than that I'm pretty comfortable, The lower fairings direct enough heat to my feet to keep them warm. The coldest morning I rode to work was 22 degrees.

Sometimes I wonder if a Goldwing would be a better option just because it has heated seat, grips, and vents that can blow some heat on you in cold temps. Having not ridden a venture in cold weather yet, do you stay warm on a venture in cold weather? Or do you need to add some heated features to the venture to stay warm on it? Is it possible to add heat to a venture? Will the electrical system on the venture easily handle heated seats or grips?

I rode in temps as low as 24 degrees. the cold spots were, knee caps, fingers, and Crotch, everything else,was toasty

I rode in temps as low as 24 degrees. the cold spots were, knee caps, fingers, and Crotch, everything else,was toasty

Ahh my friend.. the cold crotch syndrome.. equalizes all men.. lol..

I ride with a full sheep skin on the bike, summer and cold weather, it's awesome.. and best yet, though my chaps keep my legs warm, the top of my thighs and ahem, boys tend to get quite cold.. When it gets like that, I pull the sheep skin further up the tank, and pull the top part back over my lap.. keeps the thighs and boys warm.. wind keeps it down.. Full sheep skin around here cost about $120 white and $140 black CDN. Worth every penny.. ;)

Wiggle town, yah, I know that place, Thats were the men are men and the women are men!!!

Yah wiggle town, I know that place its were the men are men and sheep are nervous

You no its an odd thing about the cold, And tell me if Im lieing. deep divers, and cold weather runners, would apply a coat of vasoline to there skin to keep warm.

Years back, while winter diving in Florida, the water temps would get down to the lower 60's, which was very cold for us.

we'd freak out the out of town divers, and apply vasoline to our skin, before putting on the water suits.

Now diving, it kept you toasty, but when you returned to the boat, the out of towners, would freeze, while we would sit there, in 80 degree heated wet suits.

we carry a small jar, for around the chin and exposed face areas.

go ahead a laugh, the S**T works