IGNORED

Kumho after 1000 miles

yamahamer

The jury is still out on my Kumho, probably have 1500-2000 miles on it, I am running 43lbs in it

That is your problem right there. I also have a Kumho and while I was riding at that high of PSI I also felt like I was losing it. I have since dropped it down to 35 Lbs and couldn't be happier. I will not go back to MC tire. I may however try a different brand then Kumho the next time.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had posted on a wobble at 20 mph in this thread.

I wanted to update folks on my findings.

I was getting a wobble at around 20 mph that was annoying but not bad. I had changed front and back tires while on the lift but always felt it was the back that was the culprit.

I have since pout about 8000 miles on it and still had the wobble but it was still minor and I was getting used to it. Yesterday the wife stayed home and I rode with a buddy, the wobble was much worse...I was thinking shock air pressure or broken belt but the tire was fine 2 days earlier?

The wife and I went for a ride today and are doing a 2 state trip Friday...The wobble was really getting worse. We went to a tire dealer and he had no tires but we were able to determine it was probably a broken belt.

I brought the bike home, got it on the lift ran and got a tire and mounted it.

The bike was such a joy to ride again...responsive, steady and no wobble.

Put the trailer on for a test and no wobble at 60-70 mph....

My brother stores his RSV at my place and he has a Kumho as well. I figured I'd try his again and it rode real well.....I suspected a bad tire but it wasn't that bad for a while....I will (possibly) try it again but will closely watch the mounting pressure.

:Venture: