So I finally got to drive her to work for the first time since I fixed the carb and shifter issue. I have driven her around town a bit for the last 3 days with no issues maybe a total of about 10 or so miles. Today I got about 5 miles down the road to a red light of a major intersection and she died. I was able to get her restarted before it turned green. Since then it almost seems to be a clogged jet again. Here is what she is doing....the acceleration is gone away...it almost seems that she is struggling below 4500 rpms. After 4500 she shoots off like a rocket. this happens in every gear. I tried to get on the highway but she would not go above 60 MPH. I can roll the throttle and hear the engine increase with a deep pitch scream much will not go any faster. When I break the 4500 rpm range, she given a higher pitch scream as she accelerates up to 60 MPH. I have been through the carbs and all was scrubbed with gas and blown with an air hose. Now mind you the time when riding around town, she was great with acceleration and speed, though I never went over 55 MPH. What do you think I should do from here? Also, I just installed the NGK spark plugs...

Pull the airbox and disconnect the black/white wire from the 6 pin connector. To do this, pull the connector, use a knife blade on the backside of the terminal to push the latch loose. Pull the wire out and plug the connector back up. Put the airbor back on and start the bike. This bypasses all the safety switches and will let you know if one of them may be causing a problem.

RandyA

I would start thinking about a restriction in the fuel system, plugged screen, filter, maybe a pinched line.

When you did the carbs, did you take them off, open them up and clean everything in sight, were all the diaphragms good and were the little diaphragms good, were all the air passages and fuel passages clean and open?

I would start thinking about a restriction in the fuel system, plugged screen, filter, maybe a pinched line.

When you did the carbs, did you take them off, open them up and clean everything in sight, were all the diaphragms good and were the little diaphragms good, were all the air passages and fuel passages clean and open?

I did indeed clean everthing in sight or atleast everything in the part that rear of the slide. The section with the float and the main nozzle. I did not access the smaller diaphrams cause I was under the impression that you should not seperate the carbs.

Now she does not clear up after 4500 RPMs. When I drove her home last night, she semmed to have no power all the way up to 5k RPMs.

On a side note, what is a good RPM to shift at? Shoud I cruise at 4k or 3k?

I was reading the other post about the brakes.....What are the chances that my ibrakes might may have something to do with what I am experiencing. Everything was good until about 5 miles down the road in 120 degree weather... this morning, though when I put it in the garage, she ran like a champ... I don't get it.:think:

I generally shift at 3000 or there abouts, unless I have another 1st gen on my tail, then I might shift at 6500. No other scoot would cause me to shift that high, unless a real noisy biker were getting too close behind me, or I was catching up.

About the brakes,,, it's a thought, check the temp after you been riding a while. They will be hot, but should not be flaming hot. Or let the scoot warm right up to operating temp and then take it for a ride. If it's got guts at the start but looses it later, brakes maybe an issue,,, and if it's brakes, fix now, don't fool with brakes.