IGNORED

A few 1sts

KevinsDa1

I achieved a few different 1st's yesterday.

1.My 1st trip on the Dragon

2. My 1st trip through Hellbender

3. My 1st trip through the Smokey Mountain Parkway

4. My 1st 1000 mile day, with 1051 miles from 5:15 AM CST to 12:30 AM CST.

All in all the day was a blast. :Cool_cool36:

Rode the Dragon and the Cherohata Skyway for the first time Friday. Had a great time except there was a bad wreck on the Cherohata. A group of 11 riders had just went past the 5000ft scenic pull off and the last rider (66 year old Man) was looking over the edge instead of the road and missed the curve. He hit the gaurd rail and somehow was thrown off the bike to the inside and face planted on the pavement. Police and Ambulance had us and two trucks block off the road both ways for a medivac helicopter to land. Teeth gone and face a mess, and they think a cracked skull, but paramedic said that may help with brain swelling. Just hope he's OK.

Edited by KarlS

It's really easy to get distracted in that area. There was a portion of the Smokey Mountains where I looked left and had a hard time refocusing on what was ahead of me, the view was that breathtaking. Luckily, at that time I was behind a couple of very slow cars and I could afford to gawk a little bit. I did make it up to 5110 feet on that road according to my Zumo.