IGNORED

Hey...Talking about Regulator/Rectifiers

I recently bid farewell to yet another lead/acid battery. This one lasted three years. I took the advice of many posts I've seen in here and purchased an AGM type from Interstate. When I installed it the engineer in me just had to test the voltage with the bike @ 2000 RPM's and I found it was half a volt low, reading 13.5VDC and not much more at higher rev's. It never quite made it all the way to 14V. So yesterday I double checked and cleaned all the various connections at the battery, stator and R/R. I tested the stator voltage and resistance as it shows in the manual all tests were fine on all three wires. Last I did the continuity test on the R/R thats shown in the service manual. So here's my problem (Finally!)

On all of the R/R tests where I should have been reading continuity I was actually reading approx 400K ohms and not what I would call continuity, which is zero ohms. I also checked it with my old analog meter and got the same results. Is this 400K ohm reading as bad as I think it is? The new AGM battery seems fine on the few rides I've been on since I put it in. FANTASTIC battery BTW.

Did I mention, its a 1984 Venture Royale?

My lead acid also took a dump. I'm not familiar with the interstate battery you mentioned, I purchased and installed the Glass Mat sealed battery from Deka. I did the battery sensor by pass and turned the battery light out. This battery has more cold cranking amp and my volt meter has finally started showing that I'm charging 14 volts at about 2000 rpms. Maybe having a good fully charged battery makes all things work better. joe