IGNORED

Just ordered the Kuhmo C/T

FL-Venture-Rider

After spending countless days and hours reading about using the C/T on the RSV, I finally ordered the Kuhmo C/T tonight

I was having a hard time between that and the Federal C/T, both were within $3 bucks of each other

It should arrive this Friday from Tire Rack, so I'll be eager to install it this weekend

Looking forward to changing tires less often, and not having to worry about tires cracking, chunks flying off, and all the other issues with the M/C tires.

Now I have to read more about what to do with the front tire :fingers-crossed-emo

I've been running the Kumho for well over a year now and I like it. I run 42 psi (cold) because that is where the ride seems best to me. Mid to high 30's psi seems a little wiggly, but I think it's mostly a personal decision. I wouldn't want to go any higher cold with the road temperatures being so high this time of year.

I also struggled with the decision as to which tire to buy and even visited different stores to look and feel the different ones before making a decision. I personally thought the Kumho had the most flexible sidewalls, but I bought it because it is the same overall height as the OEM m/c tire and I also liked the tread pattern better.

After you ride it for a while and get all the snakes out of your head, I don't think you will know the difference. I rode to north Arkansas on a fly fishing trip in June and never even thought about being on a car tire.

Good luck and enjoy.

Jeff

Don't worry about the front tire. I'm running the small Avon and not having any problems with it. If you are not an agressive rider in the turns you will love the Kumho. I only have 650 miles on mine so far and 50 of it was in a down pour and the tire is GREAT in the rain. Just take your time like it was a new bike and you will be hooked. :happy34:

you are not the only one that just ordered the kuhmo :) mine will get here this friday and i'm pretty excited. i'll be breaking mine in on a trip to CO in 2 weeks. i'm really looking forward to it. i'm just doing it for the cost savings, since my mc tires have been really good to me and they've gotten great milage for a mc tire. (metzler 880s getting 12k miles on the rear)

i have a lot of friends that darkside, so i'm really not that worried about what folks have been saying. and i have ridden my partners valk that we darksided. she loves it and wouldn't go back.

the advice about thinking that you just got a new bike is spot on. once my partner got the hang of it ... you can't tell that she is on a car tire except in really slow parking lot situations.

enjoy the ride

I don't know what happned but I almost lost it..I had the kuhmoon for about a 1000 mi.then I was in a hurry one day. got up to 85-90 and the wobble almost took me down. went across 1 lane of the road into t5he on cumming lane.lonley road so no cars to worry about. but it shook all the wau down to about 20 mph. I thought I had it figured out, but I guess I didn't. so off she came.till I find out what happned??? any help with this deal???:confused24::confused24:

I've heard of similar C/T shakes/wiggles at high speed on other bikes. I've been to 90-95 per the GPS and rock solid. No idea what that could have been. Some have suggested a portion of one side not fully seated but I kind of think we would notice that.