IGNORED

Accessories for Venture Star in UK

BikeDaft2

Hello Everyone,

I'm just about to become a new owner of a 2000 model XVZ1300A Yamaha Royal Venture Star. I'm already having some problems over here regards being able to get accessories for the bike. Its not very popular in this country and Yamaha Europe are beginning to discontinue the parts that I can see advertised from the star accessories web site.

I am wondering if you can advise if there is a source for accessories for the bike in the US that would ship things to the UK........

These are the parts that I would be interested in getting for the bike.

Front passing lamps

STR-4XY35-40-00 Passing Lamp Mounts Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

STR-4XY35-10-00 Passing Lamps Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

Pannier Protector Rails

STR-4XY72-70-00 Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture & '05~'09 Tour Deluxe

"Leather Tank Bra with Pockets"

STR-4XY49-10-01 Studded, BlackFits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

Headlight Visors

STR-4NK58-10-00 Fits all Royal Star models, V Star 650 & 1100 Classic/Silverado and '99~'09 Road Star Standard/Silverado

Hopefully someone in the group can assist.

• 1 month later...

Hi new RSV owner. I too have only just jioned the ranks with a 2000 RSV also. Although the family hails from the shores of the Moray, I too have found it difficult to get parts down here in the south east england. So thanks for asking the question for all us Uk based riders, although I'm not sure how many of us there are.

Cheers Alasdair

Hello Everyone,

I'm just about to become a new owner of a 2000 model XVZ1300A Yamaha Royal Venture Star. I'm already having some problems over here regards being able to get accessories for the bike. Its not very popular in this country and Yamaha Europe are beginning to discontinue the parts that I can see advertised from the star accessories web site.

I am wondering if you can advise if there is a source for accessories for the bike in the US that would ship things to the UK........

These are the parts that I would be interested in getting for the bike.

Front passing lamps

STR-4XY35-40-00 Passing Lamp Mounts Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

STR-4XY35-10-00 Passing Lamps Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

Pannier Protector Rails

STR-4XY72-70-00 Fits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture & '05~'09 Tour Deluxe

"Leather Tank Bra with Pockets"

STR-4XY49-10-01 Studded, BlackFits '99~'09 Royal Star Venture

Headlight Visors

STR-4NK58-10-00 Fits all Royal Star models, V Star 650 & 1100 Classic/Silverado and '99~'09 Road Star Standard/Silverado

Hopefully someone in the group can assist.

Hello BikeDaft2...I haven't got the parts your looking for..but I have all the parts from my trikeout...if you or any of the forum members know of anyone that needs these parts for a rebuild there for sale.......Carl...........

Hey, thanks wanderer, I was begining to think no one was out there. Just sorted out a nasty weave from the front. Yes, Ok I should have known a new tyre will sort it, although a bit pricey over here. Brits normally run on skinny tyres, some dealers even sugested I should try a tractor shop!#:240:

• 4 months later...

Great to know there are other owners of the RSV in the UK . Maybe we should start a club here ? Could be quite exclusive judging that we are few.

I bought the mini-tank cover from PartShark. I had difficulty initially with them regards verifying UK cards. Many communications and it eventually got resolved.

I have managed now however to get many of the accessories for the bike now via eBay, which I think is absolutely wonderful. I've had no problems regards payment as yet using PayPal. There are many options showing parts for the bike under Worldwide Sellers if you search for "Royal Venture Star" - I think you'll be amazed at how many options you have.

I've also since found Cliff Rue Motors Inc who deal with Yamaha accessories. I've bought the passing lights and fittings from them. Only problem on arrival was with one lamp which fell apart in two pieces when I was doing the assembly. Completely fractured - probably in transit. Apart from that the assembly and fitting was fine. I only have one lamp working at the moment though.

Cliff Rue have however mentioned they will send me another over. I asked them to additionally send me the Front Fender Trim Rail and to perhaps put extra bubble wrap in the packing. I'm just waiting on delivery for both of these items at the moment.

I intend to get the saddlebag rails at a later stage. I've hung off regards these as the UK bike doesn't seem to have holes drilled in the rear crash bars. Looking at the fittings for the rails it looks like I would need to drill some holes in these to fit.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all that responded. I've done pretty well using ebay, and have managed to get many things for the bike since making that discovery. Most suppliers on ebay ship across the pond to the UK.

The shipping cost can vary and usually a customs charge to pay at this end. However the plus side is I can get the parts this way and if you shop around, some scope for getting discount as well.