IGNORED

new laptop

Snarley Bill

well i finally bought a new acer aspire one net book. haven't got a clue whether it is good or not. i wanted something for traveling so i could bug you all on the road. i will bring it with me to the hub. i will definately need a computor wizard for help. maybe i can con don into showing me how to use it. i will trade beer for help. it has 2gb ram, and an 11.6" lcd, 250 gb storage. just the right size to carry on the bike. see you at the hub don. :2133:

Man you bought a piece of CRAP!..........:stirthepot:.........Just kidding :whistling: See you on Wednesday for Supper! Are you bringing me any STAG beer this time or do I still have to bring my own. Also, I will have your DVD's unless I decide to hold them for ransom for my STAG beer :rotf:

I have one as well and I'm very pleased with mine you will like it. Does the job plus its easy to carry on the motorcycle. mine is blue in color.

I'm leaving mine at the house since we wont have the time to play with it, besides we can mess with your computer at the Hub....

Edited by buddy

I've got a "first gen" of those....back when they were still single core CPUs, 9" screens, 1 gig of RAM, and only 120gig hard drive.....love it to death. Handy as all get out due to it's size....but wouldn't mind getting one of the newer ones...;)

I was looking at laptops today at best buy. My computer is old and messed up and I've been wondering weather to buy a new PC or a laptop. The kid at best buy started talking in this strange language and I was lost. Can you download programs from CD's on these things? Can the Daughter play games on these? Can they do anything my PC use to do? Because it looks like to fix and upgrade my HP520 will cost as mush as a new PC or laptop.

These NetBooks do not have a CD drive in them. You would have to buy an external CD drive for it. NetBooks are designed to surf the net and some light applications. I don't think you could play action games very well on it.

Ive been wanting to get one for sitting in my recliner and taking on the bike, but I can't justify the cost yet. I keep thinking that as soon as I buy one, the next better model will come out and it will be cheaper.

These NetBooks do not have a CD drive in them. You would have to buy an external CD drive for it. NetBooks are designed to surf the net and some light applications. I don't think you could play action games very well on it..

That's too funny. I was over at Bill's earlier today. He was lucky to turn the darned computer on:witch_brew:! Does checkers count as an action game?:rotf:

That's too funny. I was over at Bill's earlier today. He was lucky to turn the darned computer on:witch_brew:! Does checkers count as an action game?:rotf:

Maybe that's why it's called "aspire"...It aspires to be a laptop.

when I started looking at laptops to replace the Dell that I had, I decided to go with the Apple MacBook Pro with 15" lcd. It fit my needs better than the rest but one problem is, it has more features than I have been able to use and a lot of them I haven't figured out yet. I guess over kill fits :smile5: