IGNORED

HD Rally

halfwitt

As you may, or may not, know Harley has suggested they may close their final assembly plant in York, PA. Closing that plant will devastate the local economy and add to our 8.5 percent unemployment. If you're in the neighborhood this weekend, there is a rally to support the plant. I don't know if it would have any influence on the folks in Milwaukee, but it could, at minimum be a fun day. For info go to: http://www.fox43.com/news/features/saveourplant/

I have to issue a disclaimer before I speak. You have probably heard of the standard disclosures. Batteries not included, do not try this at home, objects in mirror appear larger than they are, don't immerse the hairdyer in water, etc. If you say anything about harley here you are acused of harley bashing. So here is the disclaimer. The following isn't my opinion or how I feel about harley. Am only repeating what harley riders have said. I go on a harley web site two or three times a week. A harley rider posted that he had heard the moco was moving to mexico. The post got so heated that a moderator closed it for discussion. This subject really struck a nerve with harley riders. It was said that harley brought in a new ceo that was formally ceo of Johnson Controls and he nearly destroyed that company by buying inferior materials at a lower price and moving some operations to mexico. The hd guys said they would get rid of their harleys if the moco moved to mexico. It was interesting however to see what the guys said they would get instead. Most said they would go with a victory, a few said they liked the valykrie. I didn't read where any of them mentioned a venture. I must say I did get a kick out of reading that post. It has been locked so you can't respond anymore but you can read what was already posted. It will interesting to see what the future for harley holds.

I got invited by several HD riders at work. After reading about how big the arena is and how many bikes are expected to be there (at least 1200 + bikes), I think I may just head south and take my son for a nice ride to visit relatives. On a good note, I did sign the petition form.

From what I heard about the York, Pa. plant, it is inevitable at this time and the plant will eventually close temporarily w/ the option to re-open provided if sales increase in the future.

Ride safe everyone.