I've had my RK's on for a few month's now and they had all the baffles so, a couple days ago, I drilled all 3 of them out. Well, does she ever BARK now when I crank it on! Under normal riding, they're not that much louder and the funny thing is, before I drilled them, the sound seemed to come more from under me than behind the bike...now, the sound seems more behind the bike. I LOVE IT! If you got RK's with the baffles and want a bit more rumble and some great BARK, drill out those baffles!

Call me dense but could you explain this in more detail, provide pics? I'd love to give this a try but I'm not following what they are referring to in various guides.. I'm a 'visual' guy, go figure ;)

Yes there were only 2 baffles in each. I looked straight through end to end so there are no more. :detective:

The low rumble at cruising speed seems to come from down below as before, but when you get on it, the sound comes from behind. Weird huh? Weird or not it sounds good...lucky for you SilvrT cause I was definitely gonna blame you!:stickpoke: Gotta a beer for ya next time we meet OK? Thanks for the help.

You're ON !

Call me dense but could you explain this in more detail, provide pics? I'd love to give this a try but I'm not following what they are referring to in various guides.. I'm a 'visual' guy, go figure ;)

Ok ... inside the muffler is a "tube" (I'll call it that) that runs the length of the muffler. This tube is perforated. Inside the tube there are little "baffles"... basically thin metal "stoppers" that block the exhaust gases from going straight thru and force them into the muffler chamber thru the perforations. Eventually the exhaust gasses are forced out and are "muffled". These "baffles" are quite thin and can easilly be "drilled out" using a 1 & 1/8 inch holesaw and a 12 inch holesaw extension. You take the muffler off and drill the baffles out from both the back end and the front end. You will see them in there.

Here's pics of the holesaw with extension and one of the cut out baffles