IGNORED

2005 shock took a DUMP

SteveW

This is great dealing with my stealer. My rear shock started dumping oil this weekend annd after talking to my Stealer he said ( we can replace it but it takes most of the day and they have to remove everything rear of the gas tank to replace it )

Like I want them working on my Ride !!!!!

I told them its a 30 min. job and nothing has to be removed but the saddle bag and the shock.

I guess I need to show them how to replace one.

I HATE DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT DON"T KNOW HOW TO WORK ON THESE BIKES !!!

This is great dealing with my stealer. My rear shock started dumping oil this weekend annd after talking to my Stealer he said ( we can replace it but it takes most of the day and they have to remove everything rear of the gas tank to replace it )

Like I want them working on my Ride !!!!!

I told them its a 30 min. job and nothing has to be removed but the saddle bag and the shock.

I guess I need to show them how to replace one.

I HATE DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT DON"T KNOW HOW TO WORK ON THESE BIKES !!!

If they (dealer techs) are going by the manual, you do have to take it all apart.

Shouldn't take more than an hour tops. I removed the passenger floorboards, frame covers and battery tray. Easy access from there. Some can do it w/o pulling the boards.

They must get get paid according to manual prescribed procedures (and time).

:2cents: Ponch

I just replaced my shock. All I removed was the right side floorboard and back panel. Everything else was done with the bike up on the lift and a floor jack under the rear wheel. Took me about 1.5 hrs, only because im lazy........