IGNORED

Bat flattery!

That got ya all curious, didn't it.

But you worked it out already.

Yep - the RSV has been under wraps for about 3 months due to the cold :snow:and me being away so much with the bride in the tin top working. Beautiful day today - it's stopped raining and we hit 14degC (about 58degF for others) so I decided to push some oil through the donk and roll the tyres. Key in, (no b-r-r-r-r-r of the fuel pump) headlight a bit low, choke out, 2 twists of the throttle, hit the starter. Damn! ! ! ! Wer, wer, wer, w- - - nothing! Seat off, battery out, on the charger for a few hours, back in the bike, seat back on, a quick kick in the guts and away we went. Ten minute ride and back in the car port.

Serves me right for neglecting the old girl for so long. I gave her a hug prior to putting the covers back on, and promised I'd take her out again next week. I'm sure there was a little flicker from the right front blinker.

Ok, I think this makes sense to me. If it is summer here in North American, it is Winter over there in Australia. Glad to hear you were to at least take a 10 minute ride around the block. Ride safe.

That got ya all curious, didn't it.

But you worked it out already.

Yep - the RSV has been under wraps for about 3 months due to the cold :snow:and me being away so much with the bride in the tin top working. Beautiful day today - it's stopped raining and we hit 14degC (about 58degF for others) so I decided to push some oil through the donk and roll the tyres. Key in, (no b-r-r-r-r-r of the fuel pump) headlight a bit low, choke out, 2 twists of the throttle, hit the starter. Damn! ! ! ! Wer, wer, wer, w- - - nothing! Seat off, battery out, on the charger for a few hours, back in the bike, seat back on, a quick kick in the guts and away we went. Ten minute ride and back in the car port.

Serves me right for neglecting the old girl for so long. I gave her a hug prior to putting the covers back on, and promised I'd take her out again next week. I'm sure there was a little flicker from the right front blinker.

Should put it on cycle to recondition the battery.. I've been lucky, my RSV sat 5 month in the deep freeze of winter in a friend's garage and turned over like a lick and ran well since.. However, when I was laid up for a few weeks, my buddy put the battery on a discharge / recharge to condition the battery and what a diff it makes.. Gotta like that!

I understand it's WINTER down under but believe it or not, last week wasn't any warmer up here either with riding weather of 4'C and highs of 8'C for a few days. Summer's returned now with average temps of 12-18'C

Where's all that global warming I keep hearing about?! sheesh!

Couldn't help myself.

Got a leave pass from the Minister for Finance and Home Affairs and took a ride to the hardware store for some necessities. The old girl (the RSV - not the Minister) kicked over straight away. 50kms round trip in 16degC sunshine. I'm think I'm gonna start riding to work again next week. To hell with the cold.:snow2: