IGNORED

Couldn't help myself...

brainfart

Did a lot of research over the last six months, was ready to head down to Harbor Freight to begin the project..

When I received a call from someone who had just traded his RSV for a Rhino... something about the RSV note working well off-road.....

Anyway - his loss was our gain....

Narrowed Harbor Freight trailer w/12 inch wheels, dual one gallon gas cans, cooler, cargo box, hitch, permant AZ plate and he even did the wiring for me...

DANG! now i have no excuse to enforce the "pack-light" guideline...

Have logged almost 100 miles so far - i notice it tends to wag a bit when empty and over 70mph. gotta be careful of that tendancy...

Did a lot of research over the last six months, was ready to head down to Harbor Freight to begin the project..

When I received a call from someone who had just traded his RSV for a Rhino... something about the RSV note working well off-road.....

Anyway - his loss was our gain....

Narrowed Harbor Freight trailer w/12 inch wheels, dual one gallon gas cans, cooler, cargo box, hitch, permant AZ plate and he even did the wiring for me...

DANG! now i have no excuse to enforce the "pack-light" guideline...

Have logged almost 100 miles so far - i notice it tends to wag a bit when empty and over 70mph. gotta be careful of that tendancy...

Wagging is normally an indicator that the tongue needs to be lengthened or that there is not enough weight on the tongue. Since you see the wag when it is empty, that may in fact be the case here....may not be enough tongue weight.

Is the length of the tongue from the axle to the hitch point at least 1-1/2 times the axle length? That is the general rule of thumb to go by.

Joe

Did almost same see my Pics..

You KNOW the RULE... Without Pictures its just a story... :)

As far as tounge 1.5 is ok for a car or truck but for a m/c I would say 2x (the axle length, outside tire to tire) MINIMUM. I know (I still have to extend mine H.F, stingy with tongue length).

Did you remove the 2 smaller Leaf Springs? IMHO not needed and adds to bouncing and handling problems like you described.

Also I experimented with Tire Pressures / Weight by spray painting 4" swath across tread and pulled across cardboard to see Tire Patch... Here is what i found:

Empty = 170lbs = 20lbs

Plus 50lbs = 25 lbs

plus 100lbs = 30lbs

Did 600 miles in 2 days with 50lbs @ 25psi..... PERFECT WEAR PATTERN and no BOUNCY :)

Good Luck